Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

Good to hear the storm's effect won't be around long. Yeah, that road salt was a real headache for me back in my Chicago winter commuting days. Had to clean off my bike every night when I got home from work. Fortunately, our little rural township, here, only uses gravel and sand. That I can handle.

Had a fun day, yesterday, after getting back from doing errands in town. Decided to hit my snow packed trails with my other bikes, instead of the fat bikes. After all, before there were fat bikes or even plus bikes, I was riding in the snow on regular mountain bikes. Did 4 miles on the Krampus with its 29x3" tires, then another 4 with the Log Lady and its 27.5x 2.25" tires. Both did great on my snow packed trails. No slipping at all, though I was extra careful with the Log Lady not to get to extreme with my speed, though that's always a temptation with this fast bike. Riding these single speeds once again showed me that going single speed is doable in some types of snow. Won't put these bikes, away, for the winter.

A skiff of snow, overnight, so will probably pull out one of the fat bikes and get to work on re-packing my trails.

Eh, the rain has not melted much so far and it's too cool out for a big melt, with no sun. It's going to be melting puddles tomorrow, and I won't ride either of my road bikes in that! If I take the Ariel out, I'd have to convince DH to ride his Guru or we would end up snow hiking. A lot of the x country ski areas up north have opened for the weekend, but too far for a day trip.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Half inch of snow, overnight. Not enough to make the trails slippery, but rode the Norco fat bike just to be safe. The big 4.8" wheels did a nice job of re-packing the fresh snow for me and the Norco Sasquatch is a great bike to ride, anyway. No sunshine, though. Back to gloomy and cold and a very damp cold at that. Just hard to keep my spirits up on these gloomy days. Oh, well. Long, long winter ahead of me.

I could never do a ride in november.

Wow amazing experience guys. I would love to do the same this November