Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Chamois Always in the wrong place

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've been trying for years to find a pair of shorts or bibs that work for me, but nothing seems to fit right. The problem is always the same: the chamois seems to be half way up my butt and never under my sit bones where I need it to be. I've tried a huge variety of styles, sizes and brands of both bibs and shorts including Specialized, Gore, Terry, Pearl Izumi, Louis Garneau, Giro, Performance, and several other brands that I can't remember at the moment. Bibs seem to work slightly better, and so do smaller sizes, but nothing is really right. I did a little mock-up to show the problem - I've marked where my sit bones always end up with Xs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chamois-sit-bone-problem.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	18357

Has anybody out there ever had this problem? I'm really at a loss. In desperation, I've even tried cutting the chamois out of a few pairs, moving it 2 inches forward and sewing it back in... which sorta works, though it's hard to get the thing to fit correctly in the shorts that way, and I have to cut off a chunk of the front. I'm "short waisted" - meaning that my waist is waaaay up high just under my ribs, so I have a really hard time finding pants that fit properly too - I wonder if that's part of the problem? Anyhow, I'm 5'8", 145lbs, waist: 29", hips 36". Anybody have any suggestions?

Shebeest has a new removeable chamois that might be of interest.

https://www.shebeest.com/products/in...ovable-chamois

P2
    2018 Trek Silque SLR6 - Selle SMP Glider
    2018 Specialized Dolce EVO Comp - Selle SMP Glider
    2011 Trek Madone 5.2 WSD -Selle SMP Glider
    2013 Giant TCX W - Oura 143