Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Unhappy nxt spin bike pain

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi, all! I just got an NXT spin bike and am experiencing some knee pain (insides of knee to kneecap). I have spun on the blade before with no problems, so this is surprising. Does anyone have this bike and know their settings on the bike? I am 5'4 and trying to figure out the best positioning. I also am going to change out the pedals and get clipless shoes. Thanks (:

thanks for your reply! (: I will try to work on that. Would clip ins help knee pain? is it a good investment?

You really need to get set up properly or you will end up doing some major long term damage (speaking from experience). Can you take it back to the store you purchased it from? If you bought online, might be worth it to see if a gym/bike store near you has the same bike it and see if you can get a knowledgeable associate to help you. I have a peloton and tried to set it up myself (disaster) -- I spun for 2 years with an incorrect form and hurt my back. I went back to peloton and the adjustment was monumental. I'm back on the spin bike (very very slowly) but in a very upright position. Good luck!!

Hi!
    There are several instances where on-and-off bikers feel different types of soreness but doctors say that these soreness issues should not be counted as normal pain otherwise the conditions may get worse. These changes might help you with your problem:
    Tweak up your bike's set up especially if you're sticking to rides or classes that are around two hours long.
    Ensure that the handlebars are positioned according to your height.
    Get shorts that are padded especially for biking.
    Hopefully these hacks will help you out.