Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

To disable ads, please log-in.

My best day, yesterday, since my accident. No, not in total miles, though they were good. Did 14.4 miles of pavement in the morning on the Gunnar single speed, then followed it up, right away, with 3 miles of laps on our trails with a fat bike. Then did another 2 miles trails with a fat bike in the afternoon.

The real plus for me, though, was that for the first time since my accident, I felt a little bit like my old self as far as strength. Real confidence booster for me because I was beginning to wonder If I would ever get back to the old me as far as conditioning. Seems like it's taken forever, but I now have real confidence I can make a full recovery. Was actually able to ride the trails, aggressively, the way they need to be ridden to do them right. Also very pleased to report that I had ZERO interest in riding over boulders or hopping logs, as per my resolution to ride safer after my accident. In fact, I still cringe a bit when I bypass some of those obstacles. Also nice to know that I can still enjoy the trail riding and that it can still be challenging without taking unnecessary risks on the stunt stuff.

Picked up the Pugs 2 from the shop, now with its new fast rolling tires, set up tubeless. Turns this second edition Pugs into an even better dual purpose rough road and trail bike. Those big easy rolling 4.4" tires smooth out the roughest trails. Love them. Definitely a 12 months of the year bike, now. Have the same tires on another fat bike and they really do a great job in the snow, too.
    Last edited by north woods gal; Yesterday at 07:22 AM.

Good to hear it, Joanie!

The Pugs sounds interesting. The only thing that makes me hesitate to get another Surly mountainbike is their fairly low stacks. That, combined with a high saddle gives too much saddle to bar drop. But I do love my Monkey. I loved the Krampus, too.

Kind of thinking of a Salsa Mukluk in aluminum, someday. But I need to curtail the bike buying until I get done with school and move, I think. (Right, we'll see how that goes).

I drool over this one:

https://salsacycles.com/bikes/mukluk...ukluk_deore_1x
    So long as the wheels are still turning, life is good.

Battswebb

Pinarello Quattro~CAADX~ Zurich Lemond
    Specialized Romin Saddles

Surly Karate Monkey!!!

Sheila, I've ridden a Muk and loved it. Very modern fat bike. Salsa has done a good job of continuously upgrading it to stay with current technology. For all my trail bikes, now, 1x is the only way to go.

Glad your strength is returning, NWG.
    I am glad weather, driving, and being in Montreal is keeping me from riding, so my crash stuff heals, although I am ready to ride. Not that Iíve been sitting on my butt.
    We got here around 2 yesterday, and after some assistance from the hotel, parked our car; the whole street is closed in front of the hotel. We stored our bikes in a closet in the lobby and drank our welcome champagne. This place is lovely. We are staying in Old Town, so it is filled with tourists. Did some shopping and walked for a few miles and then had wine at the hotel bar until our 9 pm dinner at an outstanding gourmet pizza place.
    This morning we caught an Uber to Mount Royal Park and hiked just under 4 miles. Glad we went at 9:30, it was mobbed when we finished. What a treasure in the middle of the city. We stayed on the wooded trails as much as possible, but when we were on the packed dirt roads, there were tons of cyclists. Sadly, most had their helmets hanging from their bars.
    After getting back, we cleaned up and had lunch and walked more. We were both tired, so spent the past 2 hrs relaxing and reading before dinner. Tomorrow, we drive to Brattleboro, VT for one night. Itís going to be crappy weather, rain, so no more outdoor stuff. Our good friends in Amherst are coming to meet us for dinner, as itís only about a half hr away. I expect we will be home by noon on Saturday.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

It sounds like you are having a wonderful trip, Crankin, though I can't imagine eating dinner at 9pm. LOL! I am in my jammies and parked in front of the TV with my book by then. Not very cosmopolitan, this gal.

nwg, such a good feeling to be "back", isn't it? I am so happy for you. I am also relieved that you are not tempted by the boulders, logs, and other obstacles on the trails. Riding = good, crashing = bad. Right!?
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Emily, I can eat at 9 on vacation, as breakfast and lunch are later, punctuated by periods of outdoor activity and rest. Even on the days I am getting home at 6:15, I may not eat until 7, but I am still in bed by 9-10. I get up early!
    There’s going to be bad storms here, shortly. We did have some rain on the way, down. We stopped in Montpelier for lunch, and went to a pizza place we’d been to before. However, the other times, it’s been like 10 degrees out!
    Looking forward to dinner. Brattleboro is full of old hippies and unusual shops; spent some time in a gallery and an antique shop. I’ve already got 3 work related phone calls/texts about next wk. Back to reality.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport