Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Petite Kona Big Rove at Jenson

To disable ads, please log-in.

I keep coming across this Kona Big Rove at Jenson. It's from 2015, and over 40% off. Size is supposed to be for someone 5'0 to 5'3", and they have just that one remaining. It's somewhere between a fully rigid mountain bike and a flatbar hybrid. Wheels are 700c with Schwalb Big Apple tires, which certainly work well on pavement. Nice components. At $699.00, this is a nice little setup. I'd love to have it. But of course it doesn't fit.

Anyway, thought perhaps someone could use it.

https://www.jensonusa.com/Kona-Big-Rove-Bike-2015
    So long as the wheels are still turning, life is good.

Battswebb

Pinarello Quattro~CAADX~ Zurich Lemond
    Specialized Romin Saddles

Surly Karate Monkey!!!

Tempted, but I am hesitant about ordering online and fit. Even if the specs say it's right, it might not be.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Steel bike with basic, but proven and easily replaced components. Good buy for someone looking for a durable commuter that won't break the bank if stolen. In Chicago, a lot of us rode old bikes or inexpensive bikes when we had to chain them up and leave them for any length of time. Bike theft was always an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Tempted, but I am hesitant about ordering online and fit. Even if the specs say it's right, it might not be.
    It's a lot easier for me these days since I've bought and tried so many bikes over the last 10 years. It would probably work for you, based on what you ride and what you've said. Not a large market for that type of bike in a small size. But yeah, I get why you would hesitate. (Wish they had one in my size!).
    Last edited by Muirenn; 07-11-2018 at 09:26 AM.

Battswebb

Surly Karate Monkey!!!

I am still thinking about it. Will show to DH. It has everything I've been thinking about, except disc brakes, which are not really necessary for me. I can never remember the effective TT # for my bike. I think this is close, though, and I can easily look it up.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

The numbers ETT and reach are much bigger than my bike. I know it's a different geometry, but this is different enough to scare me. I've had too many bikes that were too big.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    The numbers ETT and reach are much bigger than my bike. I know it's a different geometry, but this is different enough to scare me. I've had too many bikes that were too big.
    I know what you mean. I think it's mountain bike geometry, though. If I went by my road bike, then that would be the right size for me. I think it actually runs small for a mountain bike. My surly, a size medium, is comparable to the 59 mm Rove on that geometry chart. Strange. If anything, the bike may be too small for you. hard to say, though.

Battswebb

Surly Karate Monkey!!!

It's gone now -- I clicked on the link just now. Probably just as well, as I might have been tempted too! And it's really the last thing I need right now, since we're planning to go to back to Mexico for the winter/spring (and possibly beyond). But an interesting bike in my size is always a temptation, even if impractical.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow