Sorry about your DH, Emily! The very same thing happened to my son going through the intersection of the major highway that divides my town. Like your DH, he was lucky that the cars stopped. However, this was when we lived about 8 miles from here; he sprained his ankle in addition to the road rash, could barely walk out of the intersection with his bike and he didn't have a cell phone (I think he was in 10th grade, back in the olden days). A doctor from the local hospital stopped and drove him home. I was mad he took a ride from a "stranger!" Tell your DH to rest. His bike will be there when he feels better. You can see this as an opportunity to do other forms of exercise for a bit.
I had a kind of weird injury at the gym today. I was still very sore from my ride. Only 3 people were in class today, so she worked us hard, with some different stuff. She always participates and she was my partner in throwing a 10 lb. medicine ball to me, I threw it back and then did a burpee for 10 burpees. In the middle of the second of 3 rounds, I caught the ball, but just barely, and it kind of hit me in the chest. Ouch. I didn't lose my breath or anything, but it hurts like hell now. I only have a small bruise, but my ribs on one side hurt and I imagine they are bruised. It hurts when I breathe at times, so I am hoping it will go away in a couple of days. I think my hands were sweaty and catching that ball was not easy for me at that weight.
Oh well. Tomorrow I rest anyway and Wednesday looks rainy. Hoping I can at least go to a spin class.