Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TE is back!!

TE is back!!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Did anyone else just get this email??

In 2016, we closed our doors.

But that's not where the Team Estrogen story ends.

In partnership with Primal, we are returning to the cycling scene with the same mission as before: to bring you best-in-class cycling apparel designed by and for women. We invite you to browse our brand-new online store, featuring a selection of Team Estrogen and Doyenne favorites in addition to new pieces, all available in regular and plus sizes.

We deeply appreciate your support of Team Estrogen in the past, and we hope you'll come back and check out our new home.

https://www.primalwear.com/collections/team-estrogen

As a token of our thanks, please enjoy this discount code: WELCOMEBACK20. If you decide to make a purchase, enter this code at checkout to take 20% off your entire order.

Who is Primal?

Based in Denver, Primal Wear, Inc.*is a leader in the cycling apparel industry. Sisters Jessica Lozano and Shawna Edwards, the COO and CFO of Primal Wear, have grown up in the cycling industry and are thrilled to share their passion and knowledge with Team Estrogen fans. Team Estrogen's vision and culture are a strong fit with Primal —*women represent over 55% of Primal*employees as well as five out of six Senior Management Team Members.

What will happen to the forums?

The Team Estrogen Forums aren't going anywhere - we are thrilled that so many dedicated cyclists choose these forums to share their knowledge and to meet other cyclists. Going forward, we will work to provide additional content and resources for the forums.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

I didn't get the email, but then, I did not buy most of my stuff from TE. Still, I like having more options!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

That explains why the forum was down for almost a week. Thanks for the update.

I don't have much Primal stuff, only one tank top I think. I am not in a position to buy more cycling gear right now (no real need and too many other things draining the bank account at the moment) but I will definitely check them out and see what they have. I'm especially interested in any shorts they might have since Gore is no longer making my old favorites.

On another level, I am so happy for Susan and glad that she has been able to partner with a company that is run by women.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

OMG!! I just got the e-mail. So glad it is back.

All, it is certainly not the old TE with the variety of different brands. No Terry (love my Terry skirt), no Sheebeast (my fav jerseys), no Garneau...it looks like it's mostly a distribution channel for the Primal brands. Disappointed, personally. Their intro marketing is pretty misleading.
    Last edited by navi_jen; 06-06-2018 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    On another level, I am so happy for Susan and glad that she has been able to partner with a company that is run by women.
    Me too. Susan, hope you made bank.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Yes, it is not the same. I have a couple of primal jerseys, my US Army and US Marines jerseys. They actually fit me well. Most of what I saw on the new site was too gaudy for me.
    Navi-Jen, if you love Terry, buy directly from their site. The customer service is excellent, just like the old TE.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Still riding but not nearly as much as I’d like to. But for my age and taste these designs are way too edgy for me to even consider.
    Martha
    Work hard, be nice.
    Read a book.

I didn't get the email either. I ordered from TE from time to time but guess I wasn't a good enough customer -- or perhaps my spam filter filtered it out? Very possible, as it's pretty strict.

Found this article online: http://www.bicycleretailer.com/indus...-team-estrogen

I haven't looked at the offerings yet, but I don't think I've ever bought anything from Primal. I have a feeling it is not my style anyway. And I really don't need a thing right now!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Quote Originally Posted by navi_jen View Post
    All, it is certainly not the old TE with the variety of different brands. No Terry (love my Terry skirt), no Sheebeast (my fav jerseys), no Garneau...it looks like it's mostly a distribution channel for the Primal brands. Disappointed, personally. Their intro marketing is pretty misleading.
    Thanks for the note navi_jen. We are working to restore the spirit of Team Estrogen and the empowerment that the site and the forums brought to women through cycling. We are always here to listen and are very much looking to use your feedback to bring you the products you're looking for and restore the community through these forums. While we are currently rolling out with the Primal and Doyenne product lines, we are always happy to hear what else you are looking for to improve your rides.

My one big regret about the old TE is not establishing a thread about what's going on with sales, new products, favorites, least favorites ... kind of like

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/archi...p/t-11808.html

Though none may ever equal wool weenies thread.

But here's the thing; the TE forum was established and paid for by TE. Our posts, bright, articulate as we are, don't pay for this. And how often did we all forget to "click to shop"? How often do we recommend a product then tell each other to buy direct from the vendor and not right here on TE? This was always a "distribution channel" even though it's become so much more. So I'd suggest we participate.

Find Primal too edgy? Get a gift for that edgy cyclist in your life or better yet invite them to TE.

Want them to carry something else? Tell them what to carry and talk about what you love.
    Last edited by Trek420; 06-19-2018 at 02:16 PM.
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

I want them to have discounts, sales, and something special for regular customers.
    I know this is not what keeps companies in business, but even I have a price limit.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    I want them to have discounts, sales, and something special for regular customers.
    I know this is not what keeps companies in business, but even I have a price limit.
    They have a 20% off thing if you sign up for email. There is a rewards thing somewhere which I signed up for and now can’t find the link.

And

https://www.primalwear.com/collections/factory-outlet
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

Apparently I was already on their list, but I haven't had any email from them, so I will wait.
    Thanks.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura