Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

To disable ads, please log-in.

That's great, nwg! Glad you found an upright bike to use on the trainer. Depending on outdoor conditions, sometimes it's preferable (but not often!)

We did our usual ride today, and I think it was the most miserable I've been on a bike in a long time due to the combination of sun, heat, and humidity. The first hour was not too bad, second hour was meh, but the third was brutal. If I could have caught a sag wagon, I would have! Fortunately, I survived it, and the pool after felt really good, though it's a few degrees warmer than ideal. Still, cooler than the air, by a few degrees.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

A pool to cool off after a ride like that is truly heaven. Glad you didn't overdo it with the het and humidity. Have a LOT more respect for that weather after my experience biking where you are. Upper 80s and very humid, here, today and I really felt it, too. Be careful, down there.

Have to chuckle when I think that, only a few short weeks, ago, the thought of me owning a bike like that would have been disgusting to fancy mountain biker, me. Talk about an accident to make me see how stuck up I had been. I'm sure grateful for such a bike, now. Good lesson.

Your bike is super cool looking, does not matter why you bought it!
    So, we have been on Cape Cod since early Friday morning. It is even 90 degrees here, but that varies with location. Yesterday, we went out for an early am walk and I had to take my inhaler for the first time in ages. Thereís an air quality alert, apparently ozone travels up the coast from NY and NJ and hits the Cape, but not Boston. We spent all day on 2 different beaches yesterday, Friday, we went to Ptown. Glad I donít have my bike! Weather looks frightful at home all week! We are leaving our friendsí house around noon and going to visit other friends for the rest of today.
    Not sure if I will be riding on the 4th; predicted 95 degrees.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Wow Crankin, hard to believe it is so hot up there! I am sitting here in the Orlando area, and it's certainly hot -- 89 at 5:45 pm -- but no worse than where you are.

No riding this weekend but plenty of walking, grocery stores, chores, and gym today. Back on the bike tomorrow morning and hoping for a few more clouds than Thurs. and Friday. Those were two tough rides, and part of me wonders why I am crazy enough to ride in Florida in the summer, but riding allows me to eat a lot more, and I love my food! So...I ride.

nwg, hope your recovery is continuing along. Glad you at least have some options until you can get back to riding outdoors!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Back to reality...
    Spent late morning to mid afternoon at our former neighbors' summer house, just about 15 minutes away from where we were staying on Friday and Saturday. They live about half a block from the ocean, and it was horribly hot, even there. They did not have their AC on (first I thought they didn't have it), sort of old New England suffering, but we had lunch on their deck, under an umbrella, and then we went into a room cooled by a ceiling fan. He's a chef level cook, and we had way too much to eat and drink, but I thoroughly enjoyed the visit. Since most people are at the Cape for the week, there was not the usual weekend Sunday afternoon traffic to leave, so we got home around 4:30. Usually, we wait until after dinner to leave.
    The heat wave isn't going to break until Friday. DH and I are going to do the group ride on the 4th, and I hope I survive. I nam going to ride to the gym tomorrow, but otherwise, stay indoors.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I feel your pain with the heat, Crankin. We're having the same heat wave. Had two days of heat warnings with temps in the mid 90s, something I've never seen, here. Walked the trails, early, but even so, called it quits after a mile and a half. Humidity was terrible. A bit cooler in the mid 80s, today, but rain just adding to the humidity. The only good thing about walking the trails versus walking the roads is the shade with the trails, but then you get all the bugs. Whew! At least with the bike I could outrun the bugs.

Looks like that indoor bike is paying for itself with this awful heat. Our basement is always nice and cool. No bugs, either. So glad I bought this bike even if it's nothing fancy. It works for a trainer and that's good enough. Might even find a use for it out on the road, at some point.