Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hi from the mountains in Utah!

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm 35 and finally going to get back into biking this summer.

We used to bike a lot like 8 years ago before we had kids and sold our previous bikes so I am back on the hunt for a new bike and will probably ask for advice on a few I am thinking about in the mountain bike sub board. I haven't biked like I said previously for about 8 years, we had a son in that time period that is now 6 1/2 fresh off training wheels and working to hit the trails this summer. We live in the Wasatch mountains here in Utah and bike trails are a few minutes from our house, which is I think why we are considering those opposed to hybrids. Since it's been years since I bought a bike I would say a lot has changed just by browsing bikes and brands. Though perhaps not that board seems very dead. I don't even think I have most of the gear anymore especially those comfy shorts so I need to start looking for another pair or two. I would say hopefully I'm pretty fit we indoor rock climb once a week and I'm used to chasing a very active little boy around. Looking forward to reading the boards and catching up with fellow lady bikers.
    Last edited by kellyzollo; 04-03-2018 at 04:18 PM.

Welcome!! Thinking getting back into riding can be a good journey, especially with a young child too. A bike that fits well, is well designed for your riding and getting comfortable clothing is all you have to re-figure out. Some good info and women here.
    Bicycling will be a good muscle balance to your indoor rocks and there’s the deliberate focus inward to terrain focus for a different mindset too.

Enjoy your summer rides!!!!!!
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

Welcome from the cold north woods of Wisconsin. We do have some avid mountain bikers (me, just for one ), here, but don't be put off by the few posts you see in the MTB forum. Overall, we're a small but happy group with bicyclists of all kinds, sharing our experiences and thoughts. Check out the monthly rides for how most of us ride and what kind of riding we do. We'll be glad to help in anyway we can. Would love to hear from you.

Joanie

Hi Kelly. You live in a beautiful place! I have family in northeast Nevada and fly in and out of SLC when I visit them.

Please do post whatever questions you have.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Thanks ladies I finally decided yesterday on a bike I test rode it at least twice and we found a super good deal on it. I went with a 2015 Specialized Jynx 650 Comp regular $800 but the local shop I went to that I test rode at twice were having their annual year end clearance sale so I got it for $500. It rained all day yesterday and is supposed to rain today to but I am super excited to take it on it's first ride when the weather clears up. I think the only thing I may change down the line is the seat but it will take a few rides to see if I need to do that or not.