Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Snow!

Hybrid View

Snow!

My part of Indianapolis received 10.1 inches of snow yesterday... 45 and sunny today!

We have had a month of that. I think we are on an upward trend though, with 50s and 60s forecasted for the end of the week. Too bad, with rain, also.
    I cross country skied the week before last, after our large storm. Conditions have been awesome for that, not too far away, but now, my brain has switched.
    The snow melts fast when it's 45.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Catrin, if those temps hold, yes, it will be gone, soon. We've been stuck in a cold, but sunny weather pattern for half a month, now, with just enough melting by day to form a lot of ice. More ice than I've seen in a long time. Just one of those springs.

Our snow from Wednesday is just about gone, but we only had a few inches and it was already melting before it stopped coming down thanks to the angle of the sun (through the clouds).

I'm having new floors installed in a couple of weeks, including all my closets. I had thought I'd be able to put all the winter boots and coats in storage as I pack things up to get them out of the way, but I am still wearing them! At least I could pack up the long coat and heavy sweaters that I wear for sub-freezing days. But still. I haven't been too bothered by the cold weather we've had all month since we had numerous nice days in February, but at this point I am getting annoyed.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Same here NY, I got out my clothes bins last weekend and started the swap for winter to summer clothes... pulled them back out yesterday.

Electra Townie 7D

I am super annoyed. Thursday is going to be 60. I guess I will commute, because I have to work and then prepare for Passover and guests all weekend. I just saw that on Wed. there is going to be some kind of precipitation in the AM, so the group ride I was counting on will probably not go. I can go to spin, and I actually have stuff to do, but I want to ride! Friday afternoon AND Saturday are going to be rainy, so it looks like Sunday will be the next day I can ride after commuting Thursday.
    The weekend of the 7th and 8th looks rainy, too.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport