Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Repair kit

To disable ads, please log-in.

No, I don’t think I explained myself quite well or not well enough. Forums themselves seem to have diminished. Except maybe Reddit, which is massive and functions like one. I think several things have happened to TE.

One is that when the store closed some people thought the forum would close. It’s not. Here it is.

The old guard of TE is largely absent whether thought it’s closed or busy on other social media. Facebook, Insta etc for many have replaced forums.

I try to check in and post. See if we can revive. And I can reach out to some and see if we can revive it a tad. At one time this was simply the best dang place in cyber space for women athletes. Worth keeping active.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    No, I don’t think I explained myself quite well or not well enough. Forums themselves seem to have diminished. Except maybe Reddit, which is massive and functions like one. I think several things have happened to TE.

One is that when the store closed some people thought the forum would close. It’s not. Here it is.

The old guard of TE is largely absent whether thought it’s closed or busy on other social media. Facebook, Insta etc for many have replaced forums.

I try to check in and post. See if we can revive. And I can reach out to some and see if we can revive it a tad. At one time this was simply the best dang place in cyber space for women athletes. Worth keeping active.
    Yes, this used to be like a second home to me -- even if I didn't post, I still read everything and felt like I knew so many people.
    2013 Specialized Myka FSR Comp
    2013 Specialized Ruby Sport (carbon)
    2014 Salsa Vaya 3 (steel)
    2014 Felt Z75

Quote Originally Posted by TrekDianna View Post
    Yes, this used to be like a second home to me -- even if I didn't post, I still read everything and felt like I knew so many people.
    Yes, me too. We’ve moved, many of us to a new forum. I feel it would be better to revitalize this than to reinvent the wheel.
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post

At one time this was simply the best dang place in cyber space for women athletes. Worth keeping active.
    +1 . It was a brilliantly helpful and safe space for me to ask questions and share successes as a brand new bike rider.
    Dawes Cambridge Mixte, Specialized Hardrock, Specialized Vita.

mixedbabygreens My blog, which really isn't all about the bike.

I carry at basic set of allan wrenches and a screw driver. Apart from that if you are taking your bike to some other city, it good to get an inner tube with its necessary components with you. Just in case if anything goes bad. But that's just what I do. You could carry more things with you but it will add more weight and not be good for you. So you have to prioritize what you want to take with you. Read some other responses to know more.

Quote Originally Posted by EzRock1523 View Post
    I carry at basic set of allan wrenches and a screw driver. Apart from that if you are taking your bike to some other city, it good to get an inner tube with its necessary components with you. Just in case if anything goes bad. But that's just what I do. You could carry more things with you but it will add more weight and not be good for you. So you have to prioritize what you want to take with you. Read some other responses to know more.
    In the underseat bag or pannier I carry a Park multi tool which has the wrenches I need, a spare tube, tire irons and a mini pump. Also tend to carry a light windbreaker, a minimal first aid kit and some snacks. That's about it.
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton