Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

To disable ads, please log-in.

The canoeing sounds fun, NY! Don't blame you for the change in plans.

Did my first ride in two weeks (exactly) today -- our most usual 33-mile loop. Felt good and averaged same as before my trip, so I guess I didn't lose as much fitness as I thought I might have. I was able to wear shorts along with two layers on top (a heavier short-sleeve jersey over a lightweight base layer) and, after a brief chilly period at the start, warmed up and was comfortable for the rest of the ride. It was 60 when we left, with a north wind, and 72 upon our return. Chilliest ride since we've been back in Florida (got here in early Aug.) Low humidity too!

After the ride, we enjoyed a lovely dip in the (now heated!) pool here in the RV park. The water felt great, but the breeze upon exiting felt a bit cool! Glad they turned the pool heater on, or I'd be done with the pool until April. Glad we moved to this park, as the one we stayed in previously, just down the road, does not heat their pool, so it's too cold for us until April.

Tomorrow I plan to do my workout with light weights, then a mix of yoga and Pilates, as I haven't done that in 2 weeks either. Back to the bike trail (and warmer temps) Thurs/Fri. Glad to be back to it!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Going on a week, now, of highs in the 30s with snow showers or sudden snow squalls with wind. Forecast is the same for the next week, but with maybe some snow accumulation. My trails have a skiff of snow on them, every morning, now, but it usually melts off by late afternoon. That, of course, will change as the temps continue to slide downwards. Had hoped for some more moderate November weather for the sake of some road riding, but road work is very cold with the rain/snow and, especially, the winds. At least back in the woods, you're not as exposed to the wind and you're going slower, too, so that helps. Still riding the trails, every day, of course. Only missed on day of riding in October. Hope to do as well in November. Hey, it's November, tomorrow!
    Last edited by north woods gal; 10-31-2017 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by north woods gal View Post
    Going on a week, now, of highs in the 30s with snow showers or sudden snow squalls with wind. Forecast is the same for the next week, but with maybe some snow accumulation. My trails have a skiff of snow on them, every morning, now, but it usually melts off by late afternoon. That, of course, will change as the temps continue to slide downwards. Had hoped for some more moderate November weather for the sake of some road riding, but road work is very cold with the rain/snow and, especially, the winds. At least back in the woods, you're not as exposed to the wind and you're going slower, too, so that helps. Still riding the trails, every day, of course. Only missed on day of riding in October. Hope to do as well in November. Hey, it's November, tomorrow!
    I also like the woods to avoid harsh weather. But for me, it's during the summer. It's a lot cooler under the trees.
    So long as the wheels are still turning, life is good.

Battswebb

Pinarello Quattro~CAADX~ Zurich Lemond
    Specialized Romin Saddles

Surly Krampus!

Did a fast road ride on my CX yesterday after work since that was the only bike I had with me. Hurried home to get candy ready for the Trick or Treaters. Hadn't done that in years since few bother with my back street. Ugh. Not one person, child or adult, showed up. They all go to ritzy neighborhoods hoping to get the 'best' candy. Grrr. I brought the candy in to work, and plopped it on the desk of the woman who talked me into doing that.

It was pretty funny. Now the basket is on the conference table. Little bags with Almond Snickers, Peanut Butter Cups, Take 5, and Kit Kats.

I really give the 'best' candy. Too bad no one bothers to come and get it.
    So long as the wheels are still turning, life is good.

Battswebb

Pinarello Quattro~CAADX~ Zurich Lemond
    Specialized Romin Saddles

Surly Krampus!

Quote Originally Posted by north woods gal View Post
    Still riding the trails, every day, of course. Only missed on day of riding in October. Hope to do as well in November.
    Good for you, NWG! That's quite a streak!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    Did a fast road ride on my CX yesterday after work since that was the only bike I had with me. Hurried home to get candy ready for the Trick or Treaters. Hadn't done that in years since few bother with my back street. Ugh. Not one person, child or adult, showed up. They all go to ritzy neighborhoods hoping to get the 'best' candy. Grrr. I brought the candy in to work, and plopped it on the desk of the woman who talked me into doing that.

It was pretty funny. Now the basket is on the conference table. Little bags with Almond Snickers, Peanut Butter Cups, Take 5, and Kit Kats.

I really give the 'best' candy. Too bad no one bothers to come and get it.
    Once in my entire adult life I had trick or treaters stop at my home. It was when I was in college, living in a house off campus. We had no candy so we gave them money (coins). Then we ran out and bought candy but didn't need it.

Most other years I've lived in apartments. But my parents have noticed fewer kids coming to their house in recent years. Just not many young children in their neighborhood anymore.

- Gray Trek Madone 4.7 road bike, mystery crack in top tube repaired by Calfee, Bontrager Affinity RXL saddle
    - Red Trek 6000 mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver Trek 2000 road bike
    - Two awesome and worn out Juliana saddles