Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

To disable ads, please log-in.

I was down the Cape from Friday afternoon to around noon today. We stayed with friends who have moved there full time. The weekend included a strenuous hike, walking in sand and lots of other walking.
    When we got home it was 74 degrees out, so despite having shopping to do, we went out for a little 13.5 mile ride, to loosen our legs from the hike. It was much faster than it needed to be, but good. Obviously, with such warm weather, tons of riders out.
    We have the rain moving in Tuesday night, through Thursday, so probably not any riding until next Friday.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

We're only forecasted for rain tomorrow (Tuesday) here, actually might be mostly overnight tonight and early in the morning. Colder weather expected by Wednesday, and windy. Actually the temps will be closer to normal and technically not cold, but it will definitely be time for more layers, especially in the dark.

I wasn't able to do any hiking or anything strenuous on my trips to Cape Cod, mostly because I was with my parents who don't do that sort of thing anymore. The closest I got to a bicycle was a visit to the historic train station in Chatham which is next to the rail trail there. Which was fine, but someday I will have to go back to experience the things I missed.

- Gray Trek Madone 4.7 road bike, mystery crack in top tube repaired by Calfee, Bontrager Affinity RXL saddle
    - Red Trek 6000 mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver Trek 2000 road bike
    - Two awesome and worn out Juliana saddles

My friends live in Orleans; I am not quite as familiar with the lower Cape and am still amazed that after 64 summers (first one at age 9 months), there are still places on the Cape I have not been to. Of course, we don't go regularly anymore, and my family was most certainly not hiking in the 50s and 60s! But, I did a fair share of riding there, as a kid, mostly in our cottage compound. In fact, it's where I learned to ride, at age 9.5. Yes, that's how uncoordinated I was.
    The hike we did was in Wellfleet, on Great Island. It started on a trail, and then we were on the beach for at least 2.5 miles. The trail reappeared and we had respite for awhile, with hard pack and a climb, but then we were back on a sandy trail. This killed my hips and back. We were at the height of high tide, so near the end, the path was narrow, with a water crossing at one point.
    Glad I went, but also this reinforced my feeling that I would never, ever want to live there. All older people, not normal.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura