Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Irma

To disable ads, please log-in.

Emily, you two are so blessed to be able to drive your home away from severe weather…..

the upheaval in so many people's lives, especially children, can be such depressing and dark moments…my prayers that the light of choosing hope can help those going through it…..
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    Got home last night after 9:30 pm. No damage to the house, but I do need to check the roof later. There were a lot of branches down.

It took 9 hours to drive 232 miles. Had I stayed on the interstate, it would have been much longer.
    Yeah….so many inconveniences, like people trying to get back home, in the immediate aftermath to deal with….good to hear no visible damage to your home……hoping your roof is fine!
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

Glad all looked well on first glance, Sheila. Hope the roof is fine.

We are going to start on our two-day journey back to Winter Garden tomorrow. I-10 has been looking decent today on the Florida 511 website, but I-75 is still very busy. We may take an alternate route on Day 2 to avoid that, if it still looks as crunched up. We checked Gasbuddy to make sure there would be enough gas, and it looks promising. Naples and the rest of southwest Florida are in much worse shape for gas, but our route has plenty of stations with gas and electricity as of today -- should be even better in coming days as the oil trucks are moving!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow