Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Irma

Hybrid View

Irma

My honey is retiring in 18 days and we are packing up to head back to our condo... in Florida. *sigh*

Here's hoping everyone in it's path is safe and this thing fizzles out soon.

Electra Townie 7D

Good plan! We called a friend in Ft. Myers and offered our condo to her, thankfully she already had plans to fly home to IL to see her kids.

Electra Townie 7D

It doesn't look good...
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

No, it really doesn't.

Electra Townie 7D

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    And they have yet to announce any preparations in my area. I am less than 50 miles north of Savannah, GA, and we will be impacted. I'm fine, but what about people with no transportation? We are a typical Southern area with few public services, and a lot of people who are underserved.
    They're offering sandbags in our area, and schools have canceled all extracurricular activities, everyone is just starting to prep and getting things lined up "in case". Wish we were down there right now so we could sandbag and get ready, we have hurricane insurance, but not flood insurance.

Electra Townie 7D

It seems the weather gets worse every year... In late '60s we had Camille, then it was another how many years before we had Andrew. Then Katrina now Harvey and Irma back to back in a single season as a major hurricane.

Be safe to all those in Irma's path. Sounds like Irma is going to engulf all of Florida. And to Pax, it may be a good thing that you are not down there. Property is one thing, but your well being is lot more important.