Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

September riding

Wow! Where did the summer go? Did have a very summer like day, though, yesterdays with highs in the upper 70s. Really was hard to call it quits on the trail riding and come in to make supper. Highs, tomorrow, only in the 50s, so glad I got out and enjoyed what may be our last taste of summer. Leaves are falling, now, so at some point I will go out and rake the worst of it off parts of the trail. Good-bye, Summer. Will miss you.

Got back from our trip to Philadelphia around 10 pm last night. Exhausted... our granddaughter's birthday party was out further west, where we did some better areas for riding; however, we only saw 2 cyclists! The remnants of Harvey came through Saturday night, though it was clearing on Sunday. My son and family who live here came down on Saturday night, so it was a very rare occasion for my whole family to be together.
    Today is beautiful. We went out for a 20 mile ride, I kind of wanted to do a long ride, but DH is now putting in a new front door and since we have no food in the house, I guess I have to do some meal planning and go shopping.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Oh yes, it is September! Hard to tell in Florida, so far...

29 miles today. Bike path was busier than normal with all the folks off work and kids out of school, but the roads to get there and back, and the crossings, were much less busy than usual, so it was really a wash. Tomorrow if I can manage 30 miles, I'll have 2000 for the year. Not where I expected to be in early September, but given everything that happened to me this year and 3.5 months off the bike during the spring & summer, I'll take it!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Emily, that's quite an accomplishment with all you've had to endure. Very impressive.

Been in the high 80’s this past week which is unusual for the beach area this time of year or actually anytime. Back to the usual low/mid 70’s this week. I rode into downtown L.A. to do some photography and inland temps got into the high 90’s. (stopping at Stumptown coffee twice for their chocolate cold brew and Urth caffe for a green tea boba helped) Being the weekend there was much less traffic, especially in the old industrial areas, and I also do a lot of alley riding when downtown especially in the art district where a lot of street art is. So it was just an enjoyable way of getting around. 38 miles total. Alex and I went out rollerblading before sunrise this morning and enjoyed watching the awakening of a new day together and then going for breakfast.

From my ride into downtown

and back to the beach
    Last edited by rebeccaC; 09-04-2017 at 02:52 PM.
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

As always, love love love your photos, Rebecca.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

I woke up really early, so another "dark ride." My back is reacting to the 5 hours sitting in the car on Sunday, I probably should have rested, but it looks like tomorrow will be rainy, so no group ride, or any other ride, most likely. It's really warm and humid out. I had arm warmers on, which I pulled down, near the end of my ride. I kind of did an aimless ride of ten miles, with plenty of hills. I've come to the conclusion that these early morning rides were easier when I lived on the other side of town, in that they were flat, until I had to climb the hill to get to my house. Now, it's flat out my door, but any ride I do is full of rollers and small hills. At least that makes it easier for me to justify only riding 10 miles! This morning I was out the door at 5:05, so early, that it was realy quiet out. But, in the 12 years I've been riding at this time, it has become busier and busier.
    Tomorrow I am going to rejoin the health club I went to right after I got out of school, 6 years ago. Looking forward to twice a week, killer bootcamp, which my aging body severely needs. The ritzy club I just left kept cancelling the early morning classes, except for spin, which I only go to in the dead of winter.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport