Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: August Riding

To disable ads, please log-in.

Rode the bike path + roads there and back the past two mornings. 26.7 miles yesterday and 29.0 miles today. Super hot and sweaty, of course; this is Florida in the summer! Still, I'm not complaining; it's just great to be back out on the bike!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Sounds like you're back to your usual great form, Emily. Glad to hear it.

As for me, I'm not piling up the road miles, since my daily riding is always trail riding with some road riding thrown in every other day or two. I'm okay with that. I think it's a better match for me, given my age, than trying to do a lot long distance stuff. Riding for an hour or a bit more, every day, rather than doing the big rides, seems to keep my old bike injuries from flaring up.

Commuted on Monday (5.5 milesRT, and that's with adding extra) and today I did a slightly different version of the ride I did 2 weeks ago, 20 miles, instead of 21. Humid out, but decreasing humidity. We are going up to Newburyport for the weekend. Will probably bring bikes, but the focus won't be on riding. Weather looks iffy on Saturday, so maybe a shorter ride Saturday morning. Sunday looks like a beach day.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

We did do a 22 mile ride on Saturday afternoon, starting at the Air B&B we rented in Newburyport, meandering through Newbury, Rowley, Byfield, and Georgetown. I've ridden some in this coastal-rural area of MA, but this ride had maybe 2 or 3 streets that seemed familiar. Mostly farms, homes, marshes, and the Ipswich River. The ride is sort of flat, but with a lot of false flats, which are not my favorite, and some little rollers. It started out very humid and cloudy, ended up sunny, with a stiff breeze, and humidity going down. Saw lots of cyclists. It was nice to ride somewhere different, but close enough that we could do it as a day trip. We got back, walked into town and had a late lunch, followed by more walking. Today, we went to the beach early in the morning, and left for home around 1:00.
    Probably ride in the early AM and then commute to work, around 9:00. The only day I have free to ride, is probably going to rain this week.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura