Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Training Shoes?

Training Shoes?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Last year, I started working out with a personal trainer. I lift weights, do a ton of body weight movements (squats, lunges, etc) and do some cardio type movements (quick steps, jumping jacks, mountain climbers). I've just been wearing regular running shoes, which are for the most part fine. Mine however are a bit clunky and chunky, so they make some of the cardio movements a bit awkward.

I've been trying on some true "training" sneakers, and like how light weight and slim profile they are compared to the running shoes. however, i wonder how they will feel with what i call "jumpy" movements, as there is not much cushioning in them. I understand that they are a bit flatter, for what i assume provides more stability for weight lifting. But they seem kind of "hard" and i'm not sure how that works with cardio movements.

i have large feet, so I've been having to order all of them on line, and haven't really gotten a professional opinion from an a sales person. (Stores never carry my size.)

Any one wear "training" sneakers with any input? Any models/brands you like?
    They also seem to run a bit narrower than regular sneakers?

I wear running shoes for everything, and am not familiar with training shoes. I also like very roomy toe boxes in my sneakers, so I know what you mean about clunky and chunky. If I try to wear them while riding the stationary bike at the gym the shoes hit the cranks, so I end up having to wear an old pair of sneakers that were too narrow and uncomfortable for anything else for that.

My favorite brand is New Balance, and I've always found that I can remove the insoles that come in the sneakers and replace them with something more comfortable. The goes for the insulated
    snow sneakers that I bought from LL Bean as well as the too-narrow Nike sneakers I wear for indoor cycling. So you would probably be able to do the same thing with training shoes. If they're narrower than regular sneakers, you might not have much room in them for a thicker insole, but then again it might work out.

FWIW, my current insoles are Sole Active insoles. They give good rigid arch support, which is what I need. For everyday wear I use the medium thickness and they are reasonably comfortable. For my road bike shoes I wear the thin version. They don't look much different from the medium ones but are noticeably less cushioned when I wear them. Sole also makes and Active thick insole, which I haven't tried yet, but given the difference between thin and medium I would expect them to be more cushioned. (They also make a variety of other insoles; I'm about to order the new Active thin with met pad, which has cork on the bottom. I've heard the cork does not wear well, but am curious to see if it makes the insoles more comfortable. And I want to try the metatarsal pad.)

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

NY, Which New Balance model do you wear? I am currently wearing the 1260's. I don't have a particularly wide foot, but I think i do need room in the toe box which the 1260's provide. Nike's do run a bit more narrow, IMO.

I think the idea behind training shoes is that they are lower profile, and give more stability when lifting. Honestly, I'm not lifting anything that serious, that my running shoes don't suffice. But, sometimes i feel like I'm tripping over my own feet in these clunky, yet comfortable New Balances. New Balance does have training specific sneakers but they feel a little tight in the toe box. The training sneakers also feel really stiff, with little cushioning. I'm thinking I might just try to get some slimmer running shoes.
    I'm good in the insole department. I have some SuperFeet for my cycling shoes, and the NB insoles are just right for me.

I don't really do much of that type of training, but I was wondering about a similar type of shoe recently when I took up dance (jazz) classes again. I actually went and bought "dance sneakers" that were both stable, flexible and lightweight, but I ended up using my old Nike Free 3.0. Possibly not stable enough for heavy weight lifting, but certainly flexible and narrow enough for tight moves without stumbling.
    I stopped worrying about cushioning after I started running with a midfoot/forefoot strike, with minimalist shoes. It took a little getting used to, but now my calves are strong enough that landing on my forefoot with very little cushioning is not a problem. Mind you, I don't do long distances, but they're fine for say, 6 miles. I would guess that for your cardio moves you rarely land on your heel anyway?
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

You should definitely consider wearing the right kind of shoes for the type of exercise you are indulging in. Running shoes are designed to provide cushioning from the sudden jerks the joints face repeatedly as a result of repeated motion.

Training shoes on the other hand are designed to stabilize your body's centre of gravity so that your spine and legs are aligned while lifting weights. It is wrong to assume that one type of shoe will foster to every need. The wrong combination of shoe and physical activity can put sudden and extreme strain on your ankles and feet - the achilles tendon and the plantar fascia.

This in turn, could lead to achilles tendonitis and plantar fasciitis. So, remember to consult a podiatrist first before making a selection.

Training Shoes

FYI Impact magazines new issue is the running issue. It rates a bunch of shoes and has some training tips. It is a free mag from Western - ish Canada Alberta anyway and is great I am sure if you google them youll find the website.

I used to wear Adidas Performance Men Powerlift as they were perfect for daily weight training. I liked how lightweight and durable the material of these workout shoes was.

I also have used the Adidas Performance Men Powerlift before and I definitely recommend it.

-

SBitcoin.ru -
    , SBitcoin.ru!

SBitcoin.ru , , , , .

, , , ! SBitcoin.ru 200 , : QIWI, Perfect Money, Exmo, Advanced Cash . Sbitcoin.ru . , , , Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum DASH. , .

: USD, RUB, EUR. , , .

, Sbitcoin.ru , . . FAQ, . Sbitcoin.ru , , . .

Sbitcoin.ru , , . SBitcoin , , . , !

Sbitcoin.ru , !

[url=https://sbitcoin.ru]

купить биткоин в Дзержинск

продать крипту в Арзамас
    Онлайн обменник валют SBitcoin.ru - Выгодные курсы обмена валют на сегодня
    Если Вы находитесь в поиске места в интернете, где можно выгодно обменять валюту и не только – представляем Вам SBitcoin.ru!

Онлайн обменник валют SBitcoin.ru гарантирует своим клиентам выгодные курсы обмена валют на сегодня, выполнения каждого перевода, обмена и конвертации в кратчайшие сроки, круглосуточную поддержку с высококвалифицированными специалистами, надёжную систему защиты и полную анонимность.

Наш сервис уже не первый год предоставляет выгодный курс обмена валюты и криптовалют, улучшая функционал каждый день, – всё это мы делаем для удобства наших клиентов, ведь именно Вы являетесь для нас главным приоритетом! На сегодняшний день SBitcoin.ru предоставляет возможность конвертации по свыше чем 200 направлений, среди которых представлены: QIWI, Perfect Money, Exmo, Advanced Cash и многие другие. Sbitcoin.ru зарекомендовал себя как надёжный обменник криптовалют. Мы быстро, безопасно и, самое главное – анонимно, поможем Вам обменять или купить Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum и DASH. Валютный резерв обменника полностью удовлетворяет сотни одновременных запросов не вызывая никаких сбоев в системе и конвертация будет произведена в кратчайшие сроки, дополнительные и скрытые комиссии не потревожат Вас – у нас всё честно и прозрачно.

Мы также предоставляем направления услуг обмена наличных денег: долларов USD, рублей RUB, евро EUR. После того как Вы оставите заявку, заполнив форму на сайте – наш оператор свяжется с Вами, чтобы назначить передачу в любое удобное для Вас время.

Так же, Sbitcoin.ru предлагает своим клиентам выгодную партнерскую программу, систему бонусов и скидок – для этого Вам просто необходимо зарегистрироваться на сайте. Наши специалисты из технической поддержки оперативно ответят на все интересующие Вас вопросы касательно обменов и помогут решить любые проблемы. На сайте присутствует специальный раздел FAQ, прочитав который Вы сможете узнать больше о реферальной программе и системе бонусов для постоянных клиентов. На сайте Sbitcoin.ru действует партнёрская программа, которая поможет Вам заработать на обмене валют, привлекая новых клиентов и используя наш сервис. Подробнее о ней Вы можете прочитать во вкладке «Партнёрская программа».

Обменник Sbitcoin.ru всегда идёт в ногу со временем, поэтому мы используем только новое программное обеспечение и уделяем большое внимание нашей системе защиты, чтобы наши клиенты не пострадали от мошенников и других неполадок. За многие годы на рынке SBitcoin заработал репутацию надёжного партнёра благодаря работе с клиентами и высокому качеству услуг обмена валюты и криптовалюты многих направлений, выгодным курсам, низкой комиссии и отсутствием дополнительных выплат. Спасибо, что остаетесь вместе с нами!

Выгодный обмен валюты с Sbitcoin.ru – быстро, удобно и безопасно!

[url=https://sbitcoin.ru]
    продать крипту в Октябрьский

well...I'm comfortable with Under Armour TriBase Reign. ...