Hi there, Im ellie Im new to this forum and have joined specifically in order to gain greater understanding and help on my biking health issue. I have been a 4-5 day a week regular bike rider for over 10 years I work as a messenger on my bike 4 days a week currently and for 2 years now - riding about 4 days per week roughly 6 hours per day but sometimes 8 or 9. Hence Im a heavy bike user. I do not wear padded shorts or bike apparel, I was turned off a little by padded pants in the past because of the extra pressure it exerts on me, I have tried good quality assos chamois cream in the past but I feel the cream disturbed the bacterial flora around my crotch region and almost gave me a yeast infection , I have tried again with better results, but I'm still a little turned off by rubbing creams down there. Ok so Basically also one thing I'm worried about is my skin where I sit on the saddle between my upper thighs is very broken and now discolored , it had in fact darkened with tiny bumps , (I am pale) , I recently used a bath bomb for the first time and came out with a bad rash for a few days after using them in the bath in this specific region

Please can any women please tell me of their similar experiences solutions coping mechanisms and treatments

I have decided to take action by myself also to help this , including buying good quality padded castelli shorts and pants , changing my saddle (again) committing to rubbing vaseline or something similar before work and body lotion afterwards and staying Off the bike while I'm not working - because I feel its like an extension of my legs at this stage its hard for me to stay off it!!

so ladies gents is there anything I am forgetting here

ANY help and advice much appreciated - I love my bike , its how I make a living and I'm pretty upset that this problem I'm having (I accept from lack of self care) is ruing my love for cycling