Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

To disable ads, please log-in.

Best of luck on your ride, Crankin. Hope you get some decent weather.

50s, today, with showers and drizzle. Cold enough for me to wear leggings and gloves to be comfortable. Brrr! Did a little trail riding, though, between showers. Fortunately, warmer weather is on the way.

Going to give the road bike another try on a long ride, despite my less than comfy last ride with it. Think it was mostly my body not having been in that drop bar riding position for awhile. Might just have to stay with flat bars for my road riding if it it proves to be a problem switching back and forth as far as getting comfortable. Don't need the hassle. For sure, I can do flat bars on the road for long hours and have done it a lot, but I can't do drop bars on the techy trails. Okay on the mild stuff, but definitely not in tight twisty sections.
    Last edited by north woods gal; 05-30-2017 at 04:27 PM.

Rain.
    Again.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

We're seeing a few days of sunshine for the first time in forever, but the temps keep staying below normal. Very weird spring to match the equally weird winter.

Electra Townie 7D

Same, here. On top of everything else, we're still getting very springlike high winds, 20-30 mph stuff. By June, winds have calmed down in normal years. Those winds have little effect on my trail riding, though, so another reason I've been doing more of that than the road work. Had enough of high winds out on the road in my lifetime of bicycling out on the prairies. The forests do help to cut the wind on our roads, up here, but still very much a factor, especially when you find yourself with a headwind. On a more positive note, those winds out on the road do help keep the mosquitoes and black flies at bay.

Yeah, forgot to mention the wind, we've had maybe three days where the wind hasn't been gusting 20-30 mph all day. Don;t see anywhere near the regular number of cyclists out and about this year.

Electra Townie 7D

So, it rained between 9 and 10. I decided to not go on the ride and go to yoga. I knew the rain would stop right as the ride was starting but there was a 40% chance during 12-1, probably the last part of the ride. Looked at several radars in real time.
    Of course, it stopped raining at 10 and has not rained since. I keep telling myself I am being cautious because of my trip...
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

North Woods -- are you familiar with the Driftless area of western Wisconsin in Trempeleau County? I know someone who's heading to that area for a few days of cycling.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Yes, I know of the area, though I haven't biked it. Great area for road biking from what I've heard. Mostly paved, low traffic county roads and lot of rolling hills. Pretty farm country with lots of hardwood forest. Very popular with the folks in Madison for biking. There's a biking association online at http://www.tourdetremp.com

And of course, it's gorgeous out today. I'll be working until 5:15...
    I did go to boot camp this morning. Weekend (including tomorrow) looks good.
    Heard from our cycling tour company. They have my 47 cm Trek Madone waiting for me.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

I rode last night, first hill ride in a while, a little over 16 miles. And I was feeling it, in my mid-back muscles during the ride and in my legs this morning. Weather was good, a bit cool in spots near the water but otherwise comfortable. I started very late, after 9 pm, due to getting out of work late, but that there were fewer other people on the roads as a result.

The only bad thing was that my ankle hurt during part of the ride and still hurts a little today. Not cool! I seem to still be unable to just ride without worrying about being in too hard a gear. I've been wearing Sole insoles in my sneakers for everyday getting around but am still using the Bontrager insoles in my bike shoes, since they have good arch support. But I will try the Soles in my bike shoes to see if they work there too. In the past I've found that having too much arch support in my bike shoes causes foot pain just in front of the arch over long rides -- I specifically had this problem with Superfeet, and switching to the Bontragers seemed to resolve the problem. So we'll see how the Soles work out. I will also go back to wearing an Ace bandage for support and compression when I'm riding, or at least have it in my bike bag to put on mid-ride if needed.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles