Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

To disable ads, please log-in.

I think this rain thing is contagious or something. Hope I didn't send it.

We have another two days of it in the forecast, but nothing real heavy. Mostly the bleak skies and cold wind that are getting to me. Will keep riding, of course, putting my usual minimum of one hour on the trail and adding some road miles when I'm up to it.

Once again, fat bikes to the rescue. Believe it or not, on the wet sections of trail, the deer leave much deeper tracks than the fat bike tires. Even notice a difference between the 4" plus fat bike tires and my Stashe with its 3" tires. For sure, standard 2" MTB tires are no go. Way too much trail damage.

I've been riding pretty much every day, commuting every day except Thursday on the way home last week, and then Saturday and Sunday I did recreational/birding rides. 30 miles on Saturday and 20 miles Sunday with my husband. We drove to the town of Benson and rode 10 miles to the community of St. David, along the San Pedro River. The goal Sunday was to find Mississippi Kites, which were right where we expected to find them. I rode in to work and it's going to be a very warm ride home- 98 degrees....
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143