Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: shopping

shopping

To disable ads, please log-in.

hey, I'm still alive if anyone cares. I need girly bike stuff (like gloves that aren't black,for one thing)
    where do we shop now that T E is no longer selling bike stuff???
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Hi Mimi,
    I've always bought most of my stuff from Terry. They've really enlarged what they carry since I started buying from them, in 2004. Most is not cheap, but they have great sales twice a year. Customer service is great, too. I once got part of someone else's order in my order and a confusing situation was solved quickly, and with humor.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I've gotten a few things from Terry... and local shops... and Performance because it's close to our house.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    hey, I'm still alive if anyone cares. I need girly bike stuff (like gloves that aren't black,for one thing)
    where do we shop now that T E is no longer selling bike stuff???
    I went over to Terry's website this morning. They had several kinds of short fingered gloves in color. But they only had them in small and extra small. It was rather disappointing. I guess I'll go back to performance.. or Amazon.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Sugoi in Vancouver since that's where there head office is and distribution is... now offers online ordering. I noticed some reduced sale gloves.

Mountain Ecquipment Co-op also national head office and distribution is in Vnacouver. They do have cycling area. I'm sure you'll find something with Performance...

I hate wearing all black gloves, in warm weather. I don't need to overheat my hands in bright sunlight over mutli-hr. long ride.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    I went over to Terry's website this morning. They had several kinds of short fingered gloves in color. But they only had them in small and extra small. It was rather disappointing. I guess I'll go back to performance.. or Amazon.
    Terry has changed since Georgena sold it. REI has great customer service and a very enlightened work/corporate culture. Fortunately I can buy whatever i need locally including REI. Isn't REI based out of the PNW? I visited the Seattle store once and was impressed with the size, stock and service.

luv the art on your blog!!!
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccaC View Post
    Terry has changed since Georgena sold it. REI has great customer service and a very enlightened work/corporate culture. Fortunately I can buy whatever i need locally including REI. Isn't REI based out of the PNW? I visited the Seattle store once and was impressed with the size, stock and service.

luv the art on your blog!!!
    Yes, REI is right here. Their colors are ok... Was looking for something more. I will probably buy from them.

I hate black gloves. They are easily lost in the morass of all the other black stuff..
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna

REI now carries Terry. Probably a limited supply, but I am constantly getting emails about this.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Good to see you, Mimi! I've been ordering from Performance lately. They've got the best selection these days, and more stuff on sale than Terry.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

We used to order stuff from Performance all of the time, but that has decreased. DH still orders parts, etc from them at times. I think it's because we have both found brands that we like and fit us, which are not available on Performance.
    At one time, we were spending so much there (esp. when DS was racing) that they used DH for a picture/model in the catalog. Probably was in 2004.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Hi Mimi, I hope all is well with you!

My order of preference for bike supplies is (1) my LBS, (2) REI, (3) other local bike shop or real bike shop that also sells online, (4) direct purchase from manufacturer's website or online bike suppliers like Competitive Cyclist.

Amazon is my last choice, for anything.

That said, I haven't bought gloves in years because the last time I found some I liked I bought four pairs of them in four different (non-black) colors. They're Pearl Izumi. I also have a pair of hi-viz pink Enduro gloves that I use as weight-lifting gloves at the gym; I got them at the LBS. I'm pretty picky about padding in gloves so I really prefer to buy them in a store where I can see them and try them on.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

I cannot wear any padding in gloves, which limits me severely! Trek had a great line, that I could buy at the LBS and they stopped making them. I think they may have been replaced this year, though, so I desperately need to go look. The best pair of non-padded gloves I have bought were from the PI Outlet in N.Conway, NH. They were men's smalls, but they are black, which doesn't seem to bug me.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

I have no excuse for jumping into this conversation so late and perhaps you've found some great gloves! I am a long fingered glove person and find a great pair at our local Farm and Ranch store! They are equestrian gloves, I will confess they don't seem to last as long as my cycling gloves but they are colorful. I also just scored a pair of Fly gloves from our rep that are nice and colorful.
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

I usually buy from REI also. Their selections are good.