Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

To disable ads, please log-in.

DH and I lost the urge to ride today, with 20+ mph wind gusts predicted.
    Time to hike. We decided to go back to Middesex Fells, which is a large, close to Boston hiking area, in the city my son lives in. Well, part of it is. The most difficult trail is quite rocky and challenging; we started a hike on it last year, but it was when my foot was healing, so we ended up doing another hike there, and got very lost. We were on a time schedule, so we knew we probably would not get the whole trail done. It's an out and back. We go to the first fire tower, as it's pretty near the start, with a great view of the Boston skyline. I think we probably did about 2 miles on this trail, when we decided to get onto one of the parallel trails to head back. Lots of climbing, steep descents, and rocks. I handled it pretty well. It was partly cloudy and windy and VERY humid. I was totally soaked! After 45 minutes of this, we were ready for lunch, so once we got on a flatter trail, we sat on a rock and ate. I am pretty sure it's where we ate last time. However, this time, DH was more adept at using the All Trails app and we did not get lost coming back. We did a total of 3.8 miles and I know I will feel it tomorrow.
    We then went to see my granddaughter and my son. She was zooming around on her little push trike... they have a hand me down strider, and I think she will be ready for it quite soon. She's fearless.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Sounds like a nice hike (except for the humidity) and day, Crankin! Just make sure your son and DIL always, always watch your granddaughter when she zooms around. A toddler on a push bike who was NOT being watched was how I had my jaw-breaking endo this spring. I am super wary around kids on bike paths anyway, but this was on a road and with no line of sight -- and no one paying attention to the fact that she decided to cross the road!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Right now she is zooming in the house!
    They are not dumb enough to bring her on a trail. They have a pond near their house, with a path around it. Or, she can practice in our cul-de-sac.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Right now she is zooming in the house!
    They are not dumb enough to bring her on a trail. They have a pond near their house, with a path around it. Or, she can practice in our cul-de-sac.
    I figured they were a lot smarter than the folks at the campground when I had my accident. Dad had apparently told her brothers to keep an eye on her, but of course they got involved in watching something else and forgot.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow