Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

So sorry Pax, as you said at least you had a great view. Definitely a bummer, hope you're starting to feel better! MRSA is scary!
    Last edited by Catrin; 06-26-2017 at 04:14 PM.

Oh Pax!!!! So very sorry. That sounds awful.

Hope you heal up fast....
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Thinking how cool to have a high tech, light, electric, foldable, comfortable, wheeled chair for easy moving through a city and buildings.

A miraculous and quick recovery coming your way pax…….well, hoping anyway.

also thinking confinement to a hotel room sounds yucky ....but then what's the outside humidity like in Chicago now?
    but then then room service ftw.....does the hotel have a spa and in room massages???????????????
    Last edited by rebeccaC; 06-27-2017 at 11:13 AM.
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

Day five of antibiotics and it's starting to look better.

Rebecca, a light wheelchair would have made the trip far better! Fortunately, ever since my poor knee replacement outcome, I carry a folding cane when we travel, that came in very handy.

Electra Townie 7D

Oh how the mighty have fallen...just had a 2.13 mile hike on a rather easy trail and am calling it GOOD! Kind of feel like Ms. HumptyDumpty getting put back together again - but thankful for this little respite between surgeries! Pity it took this to final persuade me to start listening to my body - but of course it's never been quite good at talking to me anyway.

I did notice that we didn't, apparently, have the initial change of leaf colors that usually happens in August. Normally things start a bit in August for a week, then stops for another month or so. Lovely to be outside though, just lovely!

I hiked, today, also. Was so busy with riding and a bit of work yesterday, I had stuff to do for part of today.
    We went to a new place, about 20 minutes west of here. A series of trails on conservation land, in the town of Bolton. There's a total of 6, almost 7 miles, but since the forecast was iffy in the afternoon, we also did "only" 2.5. I will add that the trailhead we started at is off of a road that has one of the more notorious climbs I've done locally, on my bike. I haven't climbed it in a few years, but I have descended it more recently, so I knew there would be some elevation in the woods.
    What a nice area! We followed a route that included the trail to the summit, but we had a combo of thick woods, a field of late summer wildflowers, and a swampy pond, with some very faint color in the maples around it.
    We agreed we will go back and do the longer hike, next time. My back/hamstring, and calves are screaming from a combo of my ride home from Philly last week, boot camp, step class, and a 30 mile ride. I'm on a HTFU binge, so ice and stretching has commenced big time.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    I hiked, today, also. Was so busy with riding and a bit of work yesterday, I had stuff to do for part of today.
    We went to a new place, about 20 minutes west of here. A series of trails on conservation land, in the town of Bolton. There's a total of 6, almost 7 miles, but since the forecast was iffy in the afternoon, we also did "only" 2.5. I will add that the trailhead we started at is off of a road that has one of the more notorious climbs I've done locally, on my bike. I haven't climbed it in a few years, but I have descended it more recently, so I knew there would be some elevation in the woods.
    What a nice area! We followed a route that included the trail to the summit, but we had a combo of thick woods, a field of late summer wildflowers, and a swampy pond, with some very faint color in the maples around it.
    We agreed we will go back and do the longer hike, next time. My back/hamstring, and calves are screaming from a combo of my ride home from Philly last week, boot camp, step class, and a 30 mile ride. I'm on a HTFU binge, so ice and stretching has commenced big time.
    Your hike sounds great Crankin! I love the description of the mixed terrain you were in, and you've had a great week of activities!

I will admit I am a bit frustrated on the physical activity side of things. My 2.13 mile hike today was the longest since early June due to physical issues, and it was on a rather level/uniform trail. It DID, however, happen and for that I am thankful. My lack of an ability to really exercise is only temporary, my shoulder surgeon tells me that it will take a year to full recover but I can start things that look like exercise in 6 months, I am happy! Attached is a shot from a delightful hike last Saturday that went through a combination of woods, tall-grass prairie, and a historic bridge.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Calm.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	18320
    Last edited by Catrin; 09-10-2017 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Correction

Looks nice! Six months to recover from that kind of surgery isn't unrealistic. I am sure you will be able to "walk" before that. I mean, walking, like on a sidewalk.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Looks nice! Six months to recover from that kind of surgery isn't unrealistic. I am sure you will be able to "walk" before that. I mean, walking, like on a sidewalk.
    Hopefully I can start that pretty quickly, depending on the weather and sling as I can't risk falling. I mean anything that raises my heart rate.
    Last edited by Catrin; 09-10-2017 at 08:25 AM.