Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Advice

Threaded View

Advice

I need some advice. I am planning on starting a training program to do a gran fondo in a couple of mos. (the training...the gran fondo will be Spring 2018) and I am going to have a guy from Canada coach me via email. I just bought a new road bike (carbon), and he is strongly suggesting that I purchase a lighter wheel set. The bike has rim brakes (I live in San Diego and with the exception of the last three/four mos, we receive very little rain), so I won't have the added weight the disc brakes would have. It also has Shimano 105 components. Would lighter wheels really make that much of a difference? I am not out for speed--or be the first one in, but I don't want to be crawling in either. Ha, I am 65 years young, and the only person I compete with is myself. I didn't purchase a TOL bike, I bought a bike that was the best that I could afford without having to sell my beloved dogs! �� Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by CAS; 04-01-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Specialized 2017 Ruby SL4 Sport
    Specialized 2010 Sirrus Expert