Haven’t posted since the beginning of the year because of health issues. Learned a lot the last two months about determination and faith…..AND that bicycling has some wonderful psychological/mood benefits (especially on days of unremitting fatigue from chemo)….and that it gives needed mental and physical strength in going through treatments! My riding now is so different from just a couple of months ago, certainly no climbing feasts. The riding I can do, even when slow and not far, does give me a way of feeling some control over my body despite what treatments are putting it through. It also gives me the strength of feeling some freedom from the effects of treatments and especially gives me a determination that helps on the journey of getting back to normal and my life back on track.
…..SO.…still feeling blessed when riding!!!!...or to quote NWG... “At times, it can be so uplifting that I have stopped, raised my arms to the sky and said a prayer of gratitude and thanks.”

Over the few years I’ve participated in this forum I’ve bookmarked a few posts from some of you wonderful women who have written about your positive mindset in dealing with challenges, health or otherwise. I’ve re-read those posts a few times the last couple of months, including just before writing this post. This post is done in wanting to say thanks for those words!! Sometimes you never realize when or how your words can help others in a good way. Perhaps that’s another good reason to want to use our words (and actions) more often in a caring and positive way!!!

“Optimism is the faith that leads to hope, determination and confidence. Breast cancer is so limited…..it cannot affect my giving/feeling love, it cannot diminish hope, it cannot silence courage, it cannot conquer my spirit and it cannot corrode my faith…..”

My only time on the internet now is about my photography (creativity being a needed and valuable distraction). I’ll be back here interacting and forever posting ride photos when I’ve recovered more and have these unwelcome vicissitudes of life in the past pages of my writing journal. Strength of spirit and grace ftw…..

Luv from Venice Beach

All bicyclists are family….