Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Threaded View

Vehicle for transporting bike???

I haven't been around for a while. My SO hadn't been feeling well since last July and finally towards the end of December was diagnosed with Stage 4 Cancer. He passed away January 21. I am doing well and getting my life back in order. I really am looking forward to riding my bicycle again . . . 54 degrees in Minneapolis, MN today!

I can get my bicycle in my 2013 Passat with the seats down but it is a pain even though I don't have to take the front wheel off. I don't want to use a bike rack anymore because I really don't have anyone to help me anymore to get it off and on the car hitch.

I plan to sell my 2013 Passat (only has 25,500 miles on it) and his 2009 EOS. I decided that cross-overs are a little too small and want to purchase a compact SUV. I want to be able to travel a bit and haul my bicycle around in the vehicle. So what are you all driving? I have just started looking so any advice would be great! Thanks!!

I would love to get rid of the car all together but my life style doesn't permit it. I like to spend time with my grandson and I need a vehicle to do that. My family is also scattered all over the Twin Cities as well. I don't do a lot of driving though. My Passat will be 4 years old in April and I will probably have 26k miles on it by then.

Thanks in advance for suggestions!
    Last edited by kajero; 02-18-2017 at 09:02 PM.
    kajero
    2013 Trek FX 7.6 WSD
    2012 Specialized Ruby WSD
    2004 Schwinn (I think that is the year)