Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Small Surly Ogre

To disable ads, please log-in.

Someone just posted a used Surly Ogre in a size small. It's either 900 or 950 dollars. The thing has Rabbit Hole wheels. Guys, those wheels are 600 new, without the tires. I didn't realize an Ogre would even take rabbit holes! They are very wide. Midfat. I think 50 mm across if memory serves. It's in a private Facebook group, but you can ask to join if interested. A lot of great deals, there. But this bike is really tempting. (Too small for me, and I don't need it).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/salsaandsurlytrader/
    Last edited by Muirenn; 02-14-2017 at 05:02 PM.
    So long as the wheels are still turning, life is good.

Battswebb

Pinarello Quattro~CAADX~ Zurich Lemond
    Specialized Romin Saddles

Surly Krampus!

Love Surly bikes. If it was a medium ...

Yeah. In fact, that is why I'm in this group. I need to exchange my small size Krampus frameset for a medium. But, the seattube on Surly mountain bikes is really too slack. So maybe not. This is a Salsa and Surly group. I have some specifics that I'm looking for, geometry wise. Now that I know the charts for mountainbike sizing is really off for me. And why.

Actually, Niner bikes are perfect, geometry-wise. But they aren't the style I want. They do have one steel-frame bike. Not sure if it takes plus tires. Maybe? My best bet might be the new Karate Monkey. Seat tube is steeper, which I need for my knees. But it's not that steep. I'd like a medium around 74 degrees. They do make them, but I already have a group set and complete build, and I don't want to rebuy a lot of parts.

For anyone looking. They do end up with a lot of small and XS bikes for sale. They are harder to sell, so if you need one, you might get a good deal.
    So long as the wheels are still turning, life is good.

Battswebb

Pinarello Quattro~CAADX~ Zurich Lemond
    Specialized Romin Saddles

Surly Krampus!