Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Chamois most similar to Sugoi's Formula FXE?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Sugoi may be discontinuing the bib version of their RSE short. Bummer, 'cause I love that chamois and prefer bibs. Can anyone recommend a chamois similar to the FXE one in women's bibs? It has super dense padding under the sit bones, but it's a lot more minimal everywhere else. I have some Endura bibs that have a similar chamois, but it's still a bit too much bulk up-front.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

I don't know of anything similar, but I noticed last year that Gore seemed to be phasing out my favorite Oxygen shorts, so I emailed them to ask. They confirmed that the shorts were no longer being made, so I did a search and was able to find some online, from Competitive Cyclist I think. I bought three pairs. Maybe Sugoi could confirm if the RSE bibs are no longer being made, and if they plan to replace them with something similar?

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

I talked to a Sugoi rep a couple of nights ago while at a bike shop event. He confirmed that there would be no RSE bib for 2017, but that it would hopefully be back for 2018. They're coming out with a new bib with the chamois that's in their RS level stuff, which I'm not as fond of. The shop just happened to have one last pair of RSE bibs in my size, so I snatched them up. I have 2 new pair that will hopefully last me a couple years. I'll be bummed if that's the end of that chamois. Might be time to look at ASSOS, since they have a similar looking bib and I've never heard a single criticism of their chamois.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2