Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: February rides

To disable ads, please log-in.

Did a little more today, but it's only 25 degrees out so I cut it short. Pedal works great, but it's a lot less power from the right leg with the shorter crank, may have to walk the bike over the causeway bridge when I get back to FL. Am so so happy to have found it though because riding had become an impossibility before.

Electra Townie 7D

That is so awesome, Pax. This is why it's important to keep TE going...
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    That is so awesome, Pax. This is why it's important to keep TE going...
    Agreed, without Sylvia sharing her research with me on this topic, I'd still be stuck at square one. We help each other out here and that is priceless.

Electra Townie 7D

That is truly awesome to read. And yes, it is important to keep this site opened. I'm happy that you found a solution Pax. Little (or should we say big) things like this changes a life!
    Helene
    Riding a 2014 Specialized Amira LS4 Expert - aka The Zebra!
    2015 Specialized Crux e5 - aka Bora Bora bike

I rode up to Saguaro NP - didn't bring my card but a friendly cyclist I had met before had me ride through the gate on his pass.

It was cloudy and a little breezy but I saw at least 10 kinds of wildflowers, mostly just the very first individuals.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Wonderful news, Pax. It may not be perfect, but being able to ride at all vs. not ride is priceless!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post
    ... It may not be perfect, but being able to ride at all vs. not ride is priceless!
    Couldn't have said it, better. I'm at an age where I really do wonder how long I will be able to continue riding as much as I do. It's something I will never take for granted, believe me. I admire you, greatly, Pax, for keeping the spirit. Go, girl.

Ten miles of fat biking out on our thawing snowpack on paved roads, today, then tried some trail work. Not good, though. Even the fat bikes stall out when the crust gives way and the bike sinks into a foot of snow, underneath. Will try, again, tomorrow, before the temps get warm enough to soften the crust.

The past two days have been windy (especially yesterday) and HOT -- highs in the 80s. It's nice leaving at the start of a ride with the temps already above 70, but they get very warm very fast. Orlando might hit 90 tomorrow, which would be a tie for the record. Fortunately, another cool front comes through after that. These temps are unusual for February; weatherman says it's been more like May this week. Not acclimated to this yet!

At the end of February, I'm up to 951 miles on the year. Had hoped to hit 1000, but Feb. is just too short a month! Still, off to a good start on the year!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Have been so depressed with our weather I haven't dared comment . I rode 2 times in February which is 2 x's more than January, sigh. Spring can't arrive soon enough.

Glad to hear some of you are getting out and about. Friends of ours just headed to Texas for a month, so jealous.
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

It's winter in Montreal...and pouring rain right now...but -10c tomorrow. So everything will be frozen and slippery. Not a typical winter for sure but it is what it is. Viva home trainers to keep our legs moving! I have no more snow on my grass..but water puddles that will turn into an ice rink in the morning. My poor dogs.

But hey! It's March 1st! In a month it will be April. yeah!
    Helene
    Riding a 2014 Specialized Amira LS4 Expert - aka The Zebra!
    2015 Specialized Crux e5 - aka Bora Bora bike

Yes... the thunderstorm front will be moving through here later. It's in the 60F range now, humid and cloudy. But, no fear, it's going to be in the single digits overnight on Friday and Saturday.
    However, it looks like next week, I will be able to get some regular riding in, with temperatures in the 50s.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Started out this morning at almost 60, now it's 45 headed to 28; really need to see some sunshine and blue sky, and have this danged wind stop! We've had 25mph winds for a couple of weeks non-stop, not only is it cold and annoying, it swirls up all the allergens.

Electra Townie 7D

Back to riding snow pack out on the roads, but the fresh 2" of snow that caused it is fun to ride, back on my frozen trails where it hasn't been packed. Not a lot of miles, but fun on this blustery, still very much winter, day.

Just saw that we had the second warmest February on record. My best February for miles since my commuting days while in Chicago, mostly because for two February months, there, my bike was my only means of transportation.

Oops! Wrong month. See March.
    Last edited by north woods gal; 03-05-2017 at 03:42 PM.