So, the Women's March was, well, hard for me to put into words. A great experience. Inspiring. Crazy and crowded. I knew so many people who went, which alone was inspiring and gratifying. And it was so wonderful to come home and see all the photos online of all the sister marches -- around the US, around the world, in cities and small towns, even in Antarctica.

I took some photos but I think I have reached my limit for uploading here and haven't had time to address that yet. For now I'll just say that there were too many great signs to photograph or remember. Some funny and clever, some serious. My favorite was one with a picture of Princess Leia and the words, "A Woman's Place is in the Resistance."

But now the question is, what do we do next? One answer is here:

https://www.womensmarch.com/

To quote from the site:

10 ACTIONS / 100 DAYS

We did it! On January 21, over 5 Million of us worldwide and over 1 Million in Washington, D.C., came to march, speak and make our voices heard. But it doesn’t end here - now is not the time to hang up our marching shoes - it’s time to get our friends, family and community together and make history.

Every 10 days we will take action on an issue we all care about, starting today.

The first action is to print out a postcard, write about what matters most to you, and send it to your representatives in the US Senate. I have printed out several copies but honestly can't decide what to write. It's hard to choose just one thing.

In the meantime, on the local level, I have identified my representatives in the state senate and house of delegates -- I used to follow the people in those positions via email updates and social media, but those folks are no longer in office and I had never gotten around to tracking down the people who replaced them. The current state senator and delegate are holding a town hall meeting tomorrow which I plan to attend. I'm also looking into volunteer activities -- we'll be electing a new state governor next year, plus the mid-term elections will be important. I feel that I can no longer afford the luxury of sitting on the sidelines.

This week I have bounced back and forth between feeling "fired up, ready to go" and feeling overwhelmed by an avalanche of bad news. I'm trying to focus on what I can do to fight back.