Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Rowing Machine - In Home

To disable ads, please log-in.

I am thinking of purchasing a rowing machine for my home. I would have to get something portable. I've spent way to much time on Amazon searching. Does anyone have one? That they can recommend? I currently use the one at the gym, I'm only able to go to the gym once a week. I love using the machine at the gym but it's $1000.00 and way too big for my house. I could row at home almost every day, just need to be able to fold it up. Thank you.

I had a rowing machine at home when I lived in Chicago, which would have been back in the late 1980s... so unfortunately I can't help. The one I had didn't fold but it also wasn't as long as the ones I see at the gym. I think it might have had wheels on one end so you could stand it up and roll it. It was a good workout, as long as I was careful about sitting correctly to avoid straining my lower back, especially in winter when it was too cold and snowy to go outside.

- Gray Trek Madone 4.7 road bike, mystery crack in top tube repaired by Calfee, Bontrager Affinity RXL saddle
    - Red Trek 6000 mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver Trek 2000 road bike
    - Two awesome and worn out Juliana saddles

Thanks
    I'm finding this to be a challenge. I can spend $100 or less and get a machine that is most likely not going to work for me as I regularly row at the gym. Problem is finding one to look at BEFORE I but it.

Have been scouring the reviews of the various sites, and may have to buy the one with the best reviews and the easiest return policy.

Again Thanks