Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scary...

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yikes Catrin, sorry that it is indeed a concussion. I hope you don't see this response until you are officially "allowed" back online!

Hope by the time you do read these responses, you are feeling back to normal!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Rest up!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Plus one. Getting away from a computer screen for a few days is not necessarily a and thing at all.

Day 7, well 6.5 to be more exact. Not back to normal yet, but I do feel more human. Headed back to the office today for the first time, only working half-days this week as I simply cannot limit my screen time in the office. If this is a mild concussion, I hate to see what a more severe one is like! Still have the headache, though it's bearable. I've learned my brain's warning system when I start doing too much - cognitively speaking. Walking outside is fine, and easy KB swing workouts are fine. Haven't driven more than short distances yet, so took the bus to work today. I think I will be able to drive tomorrow, time will tell how I feel.

Lots of knitting & audio-book listening. Not quite how I had planned to spend the holiday weekend but considering the alternative I will NOT complain.
    Last edited by Catrin; 11-30-2016 at 04:05 PM.

Glad the recovery is progressing. It scares me to think that I did everything wrong. I rested for one and a half days and felt better, and then went on a 30 mile ride. I had weeks of headaches and neck pain after that. Every time I open my car door, I am careful, so that point doesn't slam me again!
    Take it easy, and don't work too hard.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Glad you're mending. What was it like, not being on a computer every day?? I can't even remember a day like that.

Electra Townie 7D

Thanks for checking in. I hope the recovery continues to go well.

- Gray Trek Madone 4.7 road bike, mystery crack in top tube repaired by Calfee, Bontrager Affinity RXL saddle
    - Red Trek 6000 mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver Trek 2000 road bike
    - Two awesome and worn out Juliana saddles

In retrospect I SHOULD have gone to the ER, but I use the fact that I was concussed as my excuse. To show how badly I was feeling, it wasn't a problem to limit myself to knitting and audio books for a solid 4 days and much of a 5th. I found it very enjoyable and still am.

Obviously I'm back online and the TV is on behind me - but I'm listening to the news more than watching it and I hope to spent more time with audio-books than FB when this is over. I've a nice library of regular, kindle, and audio-books and that's a far better way to spend my free time than FB. I certainly was reading/listening/drawing/exercising before but didn't realize just how much time I was spending online until I couldn't do it. And I still can't do it much as I'm limiting most of my screen time to the office through the 2nd week of my recovery. They told me it would take that long if I behaved myself, longer if I don't.

Yeah. You can't really make an informed decision when your brain is not working properly. Been there.

IME, you need to give yourself a lot more time to heal than this. Seriously. Don't use computers unless you absolutely have to. Rest. Sleep. Eat properly. You can't replace lost function once its gone. Take a couple of MONTHS.
    So long as the wheels are still turning, life is good.

Battswebb

Pinarello Quattro~CAADX~ Zurich Lemond
    Specialized Romin Saddles

Surly Krampus!

I agree Muirenn, but I must work, and I am a data modeler. Computers are my bread and butter, just can't take a lot of time off work. Doesn't mean I have to use them away from work, and right now am only using them a couple hours a day with Dr permission and increasing slightly daily. Thankfully my headache is gone, which must be a good sign.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    I agree Muirenn, but I must work, and I am a data modeler. Computers are my bread and butter, just can't take a lot of time off work. Doesn't mean I have to use them away from work, and right now am only using them a couple hours a day with Dr permission and increasing slightly daily. Thankfully my headache is gone, which must be a good sign.

Yeah, I knew that. I was thinking about, er!, recreational computer use.

Battswebb

Surly Krampus!

You mean like this? Yes, I know, and I've decided to keep it dialed back and continue to enjoy music and audio books in my down time. Oh yes, also visiting TE a couple times a week, I just can't ditch TE, but I can most of my other sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    You mean like this? Yes, I know, and I've decided to keep it dialed back and continue to enjoy music and audio books in my down time. Oh yes, also visiting TE a couple times a week, I just can't ditch TE, but I can most of my other sites.

That was it. Take care of yourself.

Battswebb

Surly Krampus!

I am still having some very light symptoms from the concussion. Trans-Siberian Orchestra will be in town for one concert on Dec 7. I paid a fair amount of money for my ticket... They have the most wonderful blending of classical + rock and are known for explosive shows full of lights, special effects, and of course quite loud music. I'm checking with my doctor on the wisdom of going...I suppose it would be a bad idea... (but I really want to go!)

Love them! Hope you get go. Rest up.