Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

New December - March Exercise Log

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've created a new copy of the exercise log here. I've opened it allow anyone who has the link can edit anything outside of two columns.

While I may change mine, I've filled out my record as an example. All you will need to do is to enter your CUMULATIVE hours in the cell for the appropriate month. There are formula in place to track things properly and I've protected columns E and K so the formula can't be overwritten. Please let me know if there are any other features added to this spreadsheet.

Personally, for me it helps to see other people's activities. I don't feel so isolated as can happen in the winter, especially since I can't really do group training anymore outside of a twice/month T'ai Chi class.

Thanks, Catrin! I didn't know what you had in mind with the spreadsheet. I guess I was thinking of something where every day of the week/month would have a cell, and we could put in how much we did for each day and the spreadsheet would do the math. But no worries, I can accumulate those on my own and only enter monthly totals.

I just have no idea about what to set as a goal as I've never added up my hours exercising before. Is a goal required?

Thanks!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post
    Thanks, Catrin! I didn't know what you had in mind with the spreadsheet. I guess I was thinking of something where every day of the week/month would have a cell, and we could put in how much we did for each day and the spreadsheet would do the math. But no worries, I can accumulate those on my own and only enter monthly totals.

I just have no idea about what to set as a goal as I've never added up my hours exercising before. Is a goal required?

Thanks!
    A goal really isn't required, I THINK it should be fine if you don't set one. I will keep an eye on it and see, will change the formula if needed.

This is the same basic spreadsheet we've used for the last 3 years or so but I see what you had in mind. If I can make it work without requiring a lot of scrolling for the user then I'm open to trying a new approach.

Last year, my goal was lower than the year before, but then I upped it. I found out from all of this that I am pretty consistent.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I think I will sign up for this, to help keep me off the couch when things get cold. Thanks Catrin.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    A goal really isn't required, I THINK it should be fine if you don't set one. I will keep an eye on it and see, will change the formula if needed.

This is the same basic spreadsheet we've used for the last 3 years or so but I see what you had in mind. If I can make it work without requiring a lot of scrolling for the user then I'm open to trying a new approach.
    No problem -- I am not trying to be difficult, really. ;-) I should take it as a challenge to set up my own personal spreadsheet to accumulate my monthly totals. I have never had to do much with spreadsheets, but it can't be rocket science, right?!
    Emily

It's a challenge for me to use the spreadsheet! Just click tab key... don't care what is there, I like seeing the cummulative totals, but do whatever the majority wants.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Emily - I can't seem to come up with a format that appears far more complicated than this one, especially with a cell for every day for 4 months. Doesn't matter how I split it up, once you get a couple people in it the size of the spreadsheet gets large fast I want you to be able to use this however, so feel free to let me know if there is some other way that I can edit your portion of the spreadsheet to make it easier for you to use as I want it to be helpful..

The secret to this format is just remembering to visit the spreadsheet the day of your activity and add your hours to the existing total for the month. You can either do the math in your head OR set up a formula (something like =5+3+2+4+111) just remember the last character in the formula must be a number, not a plus sign, which enables you to enter every day's activity time for the month in one cell.
    Last edited by Catrin; 11-15-2016 at 01:37 PM.

I can't even figure out how to save it.

Would this include outdoor bike rides?

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

No saving required, it's automatic. Just enter your goal (if you wish) and time. You can include whatever activity you would like to include, that's entirely up to you!

Thanks, Catrin! The only way I can think of to make it work is to have a tab leading to a separate sheet with daily tallies for each participant, which would then be rolled up onto on one master page for all participants at the end of the month. This sounds like the kind of stuff my managers would do when I was working would set up (one tab per project and then one master page for all projects, something like that). But it is not a big deal at all, and I am fine with what you have there, really!

NY, I can't imagine why not. This is supposed to be for ALL exercise activities, right? Outdoor, indoor, whatever. In fact, since I'll be in Florida, I expect the majority of my fitness time will be outdoor bike rides. Sure hope so, anyway!
    Emily

Thanks Emily, Google Docs isn't all that easy to work with on my little 12 inch screen and I was trying to avoid a solution like that. If you can work with our usual format then we will call it good There are a couple different types of formula you can use in the monthly cell if you wish, just send me a PM and we can discuss.
    Last edited by Catrin; 11-17-2016 at 03:52 AM.

Annnnnd we're off and running! It's up to you if you choose to post on this thread as well as updating the spreadsheet. Thankfully I managed a (very) little walk today so I will log it.

I have a question. Do walks count, or only other fitness activities. For instance, today I took a bike ride plus two walks (granted, one was to the liquor store and back...lol!) When I walk with DH, we go pretty fast, so I am thinking it counts, but not sure. Waiting until I put in my time just in case!
    Emily

Everyting counts!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura