Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

To disable ads, please log-in.

I just upped my total, again. It might take a little push for me to get 21 hours in 2 weeks, but since I will be skiing this weekend, that should help immensely. I really need a rest day today, after a hard snow shoe, falling a lot when skiing Wednesday, and tabata yesterday. So, hoping to get 6 hours this weekend, and maybe be riding next weekend. Otherwise, it will take a lot of one hour classes at the gym to get to my new total. Might have to throw some hikes in there, too.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I doubt I'm going to make my several-times-revised-upward goal due to having to go to Ohio for a week (four days of which we'll be in the car most of the day) unexpectedly, but I'll just leave it as is. I'll still have a week here in Florida in March when we get back, and hopefully it will be a good one! We'll be missing what looks like a perfect cycling week here, but c'est la vie. Overall I've had a great winter here with plenty of miles under my belt (somewhere over 1100 at this point), so no complaints.

Thanks for setting up the spreadsheet, Catrin!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I did up my hours a month or so ago. and I think I will leave it as it is. For me this is very helpful. I DO track on my own, but for some reason it seems to help doing it in this context. Probably my inner competitor that doesn't want to "fall behind" even though we are all working on different goals

I am not going to make it, with 2.5 days left and 10.5 hrs. to go. I think I would have gotten to 150, if I hadn't been resting from my back issues. Now I know I can do it and that I need to do more in December.... still glad that I upped it, though.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

I upped mine twice, then lowered it once (before the last time I upped it). I hadn't updated it in a few days so after I updated the last 3 days I only have 25 minutes left. I will certainly do that sometime tomorrow. My overall time has much lower than the other years we've done this, but given my various broken bits, and worsening shoulders, I am happy over what I've done this winter.

I think i will end up about 8 hours short. I upped mine 3 times, but I was not really sure I'd make 150. When I look at my numbers, I did much less in December than the other months, which truly is a function of it being the tail end of the cycling season (usually ride less than 5 times) and no snow for nordic skiing. So, going to the gym is usually not more than an hour, while outdoor activities, at least on the weekend are usually 2-3 hours. I did hike a bit in December, but I was still trying to baby my foot. I've had more injuries this year, than in the past!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

I upped my goal several times and would have made it had we not had to take an unexpected week trip to Ohio, where we had little spare time and miserable chilly weather (not even fun to walk with a biting wind, so I didn't walk as much as I'd hoped). So, unless I can get in a 17-hour ride tomorrow (LOL!), I won't meet my goal either. Would've met it otherwise, as I get in 2.5 hours each time we ride, plus another .5 every night when we walk Paisley, and sometimes other 20-30 minute walks to the store. And to/from the Saturday farmer's market is an hour round-trip. Plus I do light weights and yoga/pilates on my own when I have time and am not riding -- that's another 45 minutes or so each time. If only February had been a couple of days longer!
    Emily

I did manage to get in 45 minutes of TaiChi this evening, which took me a little over my goal. 100 hours in 4 months seems little to me, but am pleased that I did make it, what with my various things going on. Thankful for what I CAN do these days!

I actually got in an hour and a half today; an hour tabata class, slightly modified and 30 minutes of PT, where I worked stretching, and sometimes wanting to scream! He worked on my neck/ left trapezius, something that has bothered me since I started riding, oh, like 17 years ago. One of cervical vertebrae in my neck was kind of locked up and it's so much better, so I guess the work was worth it.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

I fully intended to ride on this, the last day of March, but woke up to threatening t-storms and high wind, so bagged it. Instead, I did a 30 minute yoga "class" on a Latino channel on our TV (very similar to doing yoga in when we were in Mexico, but a lot shorter than those 90-minute sessions), plus another 30 minutes of light weights for the upper body, and ab work. Then the usual 30 minute fast walk with the dog. Not a bad way to end up the month, overall!
    Emily