Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Pain in right side before and after running

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've been having pain on my right side for about three months now, from right under my chest to right under my belly button. I kept running on it, and have only stopped a couple of times during daily runs. It concerns me more now because it's been hurting after I'm done running. Sometimes there will be a random spasm of pain in the area, and the other day it was hurting whenever I laughed. I've researched on it and tried a fix where you exhale whenever you land on your left foot, which helped a bit. I usually experience the worst during the second mile+ of a run. Any ideas on what it is or how to treat it?

I had the EXACT same thing. It's a weak/tired muscle that may be in spasm on the side of your hip.

Ice, ibuprofen, stretch, massage (active-release), rest, and do strengthening exercises in the area every day.

Mine was so bad that I was limping, and ~1 week later I'm back running after taking 3 days off and 5 days easy