Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

To disable ads, please log-in.

Sounds lovely, Rebecca. Glad I'm not the only one that is still riding. Anyone else do winter riding? Just wondering. I get it that it's not something everyone does or enjoys. Be nice to have some company, though.

Quote Originally Posted by north woods gal View Post
    Anyone else do winter riding? Just wondering. I get it that it's not something everyone does or enjoys. Be nice to have some company, though.
    I'll be riding all winter!

But in Florida...LOL!

Currently doing some family stuff and RV chores so not riding much but hoping to get out this week. Supposed to be nice and warm Wed/Thurs before cooling off a bit after that.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I usually do ride until it snows. I am taking a more relaxed approach this year... because I am doing other stuff, if I am not riding. Saturday, it rained, so I went to tabata. Sunday was actually 65 degrees, but we were in Boston overnight Saturday for a fund raising gala and then on Sunday we stayed in the city and went to our monthly theatre at a matinee. We did walk a little. I went to power class at the gym today and then I work until 7... probably spin class tomorrow before work, though, and ride outdoors on Wednesday and Saturday, tabata on Thursday. Friday is my birthday and I am deciding if I am going to ride my age on Saturday. It's getting to the tipping point for me on that!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Well, okay, Emily, we'll count Florida as "winter" riding.

Happy Birthday in advance, Crankin! Have a good ride.

As for me, October was a good month, though I actually spent as many or more hours working on my homemade trails as riding them. Have added rocks and logs to climb over and some hairpin turns and other goodies to make things challenging when I'm in the mood. The rocks and logs have been a learning experience for me, but have learned how to get the bike over them using technique, rather than sheer upper body strength to life the front wheels. Way, way short of being any kind of expert or daredevil backwoods biker, but learning some of the basic MTB maneuvers has been a big confidence booster for me. Fun, too.

I finished up October with quite a few shorter rides focused on commuting, birding and a community ride - Tucson's "Cyclovia" event. So my mileage was about the same- around 100 miles/week or so (more during my fall break) in spite of the shorter distances (and also riding with some injuries after my little crash). I'm not riding El Tour de Tucson this year because I have a conference on that weekend, so I don't pressured to schedule longer rides like I have in previous years.

I had full or partial commutes on 5 of the last 7 work days! I hope the weather stays nice - I've really been enjoying the daily rides. My commute route is about 9.5 miles each way, mostly on a mulit-use path that is not too crowded, so I don't have to worry too much about cars.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143