Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fall Color

To disable ads, please log-in.

Thanks nwg for making me think of fall color!!
    Did some research work in the Mojave desert weds and thurs and spent yesterday riding into the eastern sierra nevada’s to share some of the cottonwood and aspen color

‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

I have no idea how to get the pictures from thumbnails to big, so you will have to click on it.
    There are pops of color, especially in the wetlands or cooler valleys, but today, I expected to see more in the cranberry bogs in Carlisle. I think one more week until we are at peak.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0024.jpeg 
Views:	46 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	18209  
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Rebecca, stunning photos as usual!

Helene, here's some more to show your DH -- make sure to scroll down to the aspen portion of the post! I agree that Colorado is crazy beautiful! It's too cold for me much of the year as I am a warm weather gal, but I can certainly see the attraction.
    http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com/t...y-but-gorgeous
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

And thank-you, Rebecca. Wow!

Our color is all but over. The trees around the house have lost about 80% of their leaves, now. Not a great color year, but I do love riding this time of year, chilly though it may sometimes be. Yup, below freezing, tonight.

If anyone lives on the prairie or has pics of the prairie grasses in their fall color, I would love to see them. Trees get all the publicity when it comes to fall color, but, being the prairie girl at heart that I am, I think the subtle color of the prairie in the fall is quite lovely.

Keep those pics coming, girls.

Quote Originally Posted by north woods gal View Post
    If anyone lives on the prairie or has pics of the prairie grasses in their fall color, I would love to see them. Trees get all the publicity when it comes to fall color, but, being the prairie girl at heart that I am, I think the subtle color of the prairie in the fall is quite lovely.
    Does this count? It was a little early for the best of fall color but still very pretty:

http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com/t...nd-in-colorado
    Emily

Sure does. Have driven through the area, but never camped there. Does bring back memories. Thanks. Funny how most people visualize mountains when they think of Colorado, but much of the state is grasslands. Same story for most western "mountain" states. Have actually dreamed about bicycling the open country of eastern Montana with a strong tailwind at my back, pushing me at insane speeds. No traffic, of course, the sky blue and the temp just right. Of course, it was a dream.
    Last edited by north woods gal; 10-09-2016 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by north woods gal View Post
    Sure does. Have driven through the area, but never camped there. Does bring back memories. Thanks. Funny how most people visualize mountains when they think of Colorado, but much of the state is grasslands. Same story for most western "mountain" states. Have actually dreamed about bicycling the open country of eastern Montana with a strong tailwind at my back, pushing me at insane speeds. No traffic, of course, the sky blue and the temp just right. Of course, it was a dream.
    Sounds like a lovely one to me! So long as you don't have to turn around and ride into the headwind, turning a pleasant dream into a bit of a nightmare!

Glad you enjoyed the pics. The grassland was really pretty to me!
    Emily

Beautiful colors.

Here in Tucson- I got nothin'..... just desert going from the summer monsoon greenish tinge to dry and browner.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143