Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: September rides

Threaded View

Been down and bruised more often than I like to admit - sometimes caused by surprisingly little things in the road and other times, as with your incident, more abrupt. Anyway, glad you were able to get up and walk away. Best wishes for a fast recovery.

Been a long time since I've seen a Peregrine. Interestingly, it was in downtown Chicago, sitting high up on a fire escape. They have quite a successful Peregrine program, there, with the birds nesting on skyscrapers and pigeons as their main food source. Previous to that, saw a few Peregrines in their more natural habitat on prairie marshes in Nebraska.

Speaking of raptors, one of the highlights of our recent week in Florida was the awesome number of Osprey I saw. Have never seen so many in one area. Stopped often to watch them dive for fish. We do have them up here, too, but nowhere near those numbers. This one was taken on our honeymoon to Mexico.
    Last edited by north woods gal; 10-01-2016 at 06:59 PM.