Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

To disable ads, please log-in.

You're in the home stretch now... slow and steady is the best approach. Five pounds now is five more than you could do before!

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Hope all are doing well! I'm STILL in the snail-pace recovery stage, and the improvements are almost imperceptible at the time, but I'm certainly further along than when I posted the first week of the year. The enforced inactivity, however, deconditioned me so badly that until this week I was unable to walk for more than 5 minutes without some serious hip/hamstring/groin/IT band issues in my right leg. YIKES!!!! Went to my chiro and he was pretty sure that it was all tendon/ligament/muscle related to deconditioning. He treated me and advised me to just keep walking as much as possible - if no improvement then likely to be hip arthritis - but thankfully there has been daily improvement since he treated it. I've no idea how his treatment helped, but it did, thankfully!

So I am thankful! Trying to move as much as my body will allow. Even if I won't be allowed to do any actually overhead lifting (gym lifting), or deadlifting and shrugs (or kettlebells) ever again (assuming I want to avoid further spine or shoulder surgeries) - I am thankful at the slow and steady improvement.

I also have deactivated Facebook and other social media outlets for now. I became way too addicted to mindless scrolling - much to my chagrin. I should have warned people I was doing this - but I figured my post would disappear as soon as I deactivated the account. I've since heard that some were concerned at my deactivation - sorry about that! I never meant that, for sure.
    Last edited by Catrin; 03-16-2018 at 05:52 PM.

Hi Catrin, thanks for checking in. I know what you mean about social media. It's easy to waste a lot of time with it.

Glad to hear you're making progress even if it is slow. And yes, keep moving as much as you can!

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Yes - the problem was the surgery timing. As the shoulder was repaired in October - that meant that I really was not allowed to even walk outside for more than getting to the car or office during the winter (due to the possible consequences of falling between the spine fusion (still in process) and the recovering shoulder) - and nothing inside a gym either. I am still only allowed to walk on pavement for another solid month - but mid-April is much closer than it was & I can start hitting dirt trails! Finally I CAN at least put in 10-15 minutes on the stationary bike at the gym, and a shorter time on the Elliptical or ArcTrainer without repercussions. Even get my heart rate up a bit - woooot! Easy does it but it's a start!

For those who remember my various adventures over the last 10 years, I will note that my body has finally managed to get my attention!

So for any newcomers since my previous adventures - don't be like Catrin - listen to your body!
    Last edited by Catrin; 03-17-2018 at 01:41 PM.

So glad to hear from you, Catrin. Yes, listen to your body! But, I understand how frustrating recovery feels. It sounds like with the advent of the warmer weather, you will get to be outside, which I think, is the best goal for all of us. Even if it means being outside in a different way than in the past.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Whooohooo, I've been released from physical therapy after 5 months!

Congrats! Enjoy that time outside.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Whooohooo, I've been released from physical therapy after 5 months!
    Yay, Catrin! This is great news. Enjoy your freedom.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Still have to wait for mid-April to start hitting dirt - but as we are expecting 3-6 inches of snow tomorrow!!!!! I wouldn't be outside anyway.