Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Threaded View

Shoulder....Venting

It's becoming difficult to be positive about all of this, but it IS true that I do pretty well for an apparently falling-apart 56 year old. X-rays for my bad shoulder today that will likely be followed up with an MRI. As bad as my neck is, the shoulder seems worse and now they think something is torn in it. I am NOT going to allow surgery - they want to operate on so many parts of my body that where would we honestly start? It will be, however, good to know what is actually wrong with the shoulder, it's been a problem for a very long time. At least I will know if my chosen activity will be contraindicated or not.

So now I'm down to only walking/hiking - at least until my current shoulder flare settles down. Well, at least I CAN walk/hike/trek & hopefully the new orthotics that come on Sept 9 will help with that. I'm afraid to mention my hips to any of my medical folks, those are about the only major joints left that doesn't have a significant amount of arthritis - or at least hasn't been diagnosed with it.

Sigh - it's becoming challenging not to break out that huge container of Graeter's Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip ice cream...but I think some peppermint tea with cacoa is something I'm far less likely to overdo - and I've already had my allowed 2 ounce serving.
    Last edited by Catrin; 08-17-2016 at 03:26 PM.