Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,466

    To disable ads, please log-in.

    Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    Yeah, the stitching issue I have is flat-lock stitching that is making direct contact with my saddle. The sides of the nose and pressure from my generous thighs are just too much for those seams. I wonder if the zig-zag stitching would actually hold up better than the flatlock, which is quite a bit more raised atop the surface of the lycra shorts. Problem is, I really LOVE the FXE chamois in my Sugoi shorts. It may be a real catch-22. There are so few chamois that don't bug me. The FXE is perfect for my needs -- really dense gel foam under my sitbones, but minimal padding up front.
    You could remove the FXEchamois, and sew it into a different pair of shorts.
    So long as the wheels are still turning, life is good.

    Battswebb

    Pinarello Quattro~CAADX~ Zurich Lemond
    Specialized Romin Saddles

    Surly Krampus!

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West MI
    Posts
    4,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    You could remove the FXEchamois, and sew it into a different pair of shorts.
    Well, I couldn't...I can barely sew on a button, but that's an intriguing idea. I really love the shorts, so it would be interesting to contemplate having someone simply re-attach the chamois using a different method. The seams are really the deal-breaker with these shorts.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious


    '11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    california
    Posts
    1,203
    You might want to look at the Assos S7 chamois for a different way of attaching the chamois. They are only using it in their high-end women’s bib and short though. A sometime riding companion luv's hers. 7 Mesh out of British Columbia have just a short (WK1). They have their chamois attached in a way that eliminates chamois side stitching too. Alex has a 7 Mesh windshell that is very well made and useable. I called the Pasadena store (not a lot of stores in the U.S. carrying 7 Mesh yet) where Alex got her windshell and they have the shorts in stock so I’ll go and see how well made they are, how they are constructed and how they fit me. Looks like something I might like.
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West MI
    Posts
    4,308
    Quote Originally Posted by rebeccaC View Post
    You might want to look at the Assos S7 chamois for a different way of attaching the chamois. They are only using it in their high-end women’s bib and short though. A sometime riding companion luv's hers. 7 Mesh out of British Columbia have just a short (WK1). They have their chamois attached in a way that eliminates chamois side stitching too. Alex has a 7 Mesh windshell that is very well made and useable. I called the Pasadena store (not a lot of stores in the U.S. carrying 7 Mesh yet) where Alex got her windshell and they have the shorts in stock so I’ll go and see how well made they are, how they are constructed and how they fit me. Looks like something I might like.
    Those 7 Mesh shorts look perfect...if only they made a women's bib. The Assos have weird stitching...looks like the chamois is attached at the top, then there is a gap with no stitching, but it appears to resume in the inner thigh area, where I trash seams. If they could figure out a way to eliminate those seams, I'd totally try. I've always heard rave reviews of Assos stuff.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious


    '11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,466
    So long as the wheels are still turning, life is good.

    Battswebb

    Pinarello Quattro~CAADX~ Zurich Lemond
    Specialized Romin Saddles

    Surly Krampus!

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West MI
    Posts
    4,308
    Attaching the chamois with something other than traditional thread would be really intriguing. Cycling apparel seems like an obvious area where that would be really an improvement.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious


    '11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,466
    Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    Attaching the chamois with something other than traditional thread would be really intriguing. Cycling apparel seems like an obvious area where that would be really an improvement.
    You'd have to find the right person to do it, and have them start with an el-cheapo pair of shorts. But yeah. I was originally thinking Stitch-Witch, but can imagine that would end up a mess.
    So long as the wheels are still turning, life is good.

    Battswebb

    Pinarello Quattro~CAADX~ Zurich Lemond
    Specialized Romin Saddles

    Surly Krampus!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •