Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Bike mount for iphone 5c

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm looking for recommendations for an Iphone mount for a 5c. I ride a specialized crux (if that matters).

Thanks

Yup, this is why I have a dedicated bike Garmin. So many people in both the clubs I ride with use their phones to navigate routes.
    I want my phone in case of emergency and I don't want to worry about the battery.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I'm sold to topeak ride case. This is what we have on all our 4 bikes.

We use our phones for music. And never ran out of betteries. For longer rides, we carry a battery pack type charger and never needed to use it, yet.
    Helene
    Riding a 2014 Specialized Amira LS4 Expert - aka The Zebra!
    2015 Specialized Crux e5 - aka Bora Bora bike

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Yup, this is why I have a dedicated bike Garmin. So many people in both the clubs I ride with use their phones to navigate routes.
    I want my phone in case of emergency and I don't want to worry about the battery.
    I see more people than not riding with their phones. I also average seeing about one phone pop off of a bike on each big group ride. I'm shocked it hasn't caused a wreck since the person who loses their phone automatically brakes, and everyone behind them starts swerving to miss the phone (because we all die at the thought of having to buy a new phone. They're so expensive now). It seems to be worse with the HUGE phones like the iphone 6plus, the newer galaxies, etc.

I used an enclosed case that has a bike mount; something to protect the phone just in case. Also if you are planning to use it as a bike computer, you might consider a portable usb battery charger. Just make sure it has enough recharge power to keep you going for a while. I have one that I put in a Bento bag that I can use to keep the phone charged. I can run a USB cable from the charger through the case and have it connected to the phone while it is mounted on my handlebars. I had this setup back when I was using an iPhone 3g. The case and bike mount was similar to the one here When I had the phone in the case, I kept a thick rubber band (the kind you find on bunches of vegetables at the store) around the end that opens; this was to ensure it kept closed and protected. For the type of riding I do which is streets and paved bike paths, it worked fine.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-05-2016 at 10:21 PM.
    Bike Friday Petite Crusoe
    Terry Trixie
    Gary Fisher beater bike