Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Stuff Bike Chicks Say

To disable ads, please log-in.

Our DD came with us on our recent 3 day bike tour. This was her first "more than S24O" trip and her first with us. She'd did two blog posts for us about the ride. Wanted to share this one as so many of us can relate
    http://biketouringnews.com/bike-tour...ng-chicks-say/
    Last edited by Sky King; 07-23-2016 at 06:19 PM.
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Hey, Sky King, this link doesn't work. Try again? Would like to see her posts.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

shoot, I redid it so let me know if it opens. it opens for me but we all know how that is
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Yep, works now! Thanks!
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

She's a riot!

LOL, I think I've had that same train of thought roll through (except the cute boys part ) a time of two.

Electra Townie 7D

"That cheeseburger was a bad idea."

Ah yes, I remember that one. Though it's been a while since I had that thought -- I stopped eating cheeseburgers (or any heavy food) before and during rides. (Which of course is relatively easy for a one-day ride, not so much when you're touring and relying on whatever restaurants are available along the way.)

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

I'm with you I have to be really careful about what I eat and how much. I read an interesting article about the body trying to digest protein during endurance exercise. I find I do best if I avoid dairy (cheese) and keep my protein intake in smaller doses spread apart. She is leaving in week to bike from Boise to Government Camp Oregon. Her first extended bike trip and she is going solo - definitely the Bike Hermits Daughter
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com