Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Thank you, Donna; that is great intel! I will definitely hang onto it and use it when DH and I are planning our riding. Can't wait!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Donna,

Thanks again for taking the time to write up some great Bismarck cycling tips. I hate to say that we kinda did our own thing, because we needed to make a few stops (Best Buy, as I needed a new camera), liquor store, grocery store, and farmer's market. So we rode north from the campground, got on the trail, and basically did a big loop all over the city, on the paths and s a few roads. Really fun! We especially enjoyed the farmer's market on Sweet St. (don't remember which park it was of the many we passed) and bought some nice produce; and we also went to the Capitol for photos and the sidewalk art show. And ate a lot of food at the food court!

I hate that we missed the camels (I totally forgot!) but we still had a great time riding around Bismarck. We ended up with only 27 miles, but were out nearly all day (10 am til around 3:30 pm) with all the stops.

Thank you again!

P.S. I'll eventually be blogging our ride, though I am behind on my blog. I'll post it here once it's published, though. We took lots of photos!
    Last edited by emily_in_nc; 08-07-2016 at 03:20 PM.
    Emily

Glad you made it to the Capitol Art Fair... that's always lots of fun. Thought I saw you two trucking up the hill towards the interstate (at least it was someone on a small bike) when I was out running errands. Hope you enjoy TRNP and the Maah Daah Hey Trail... I've hiked parts of it years ago, along with canoeing on the Little Missouri in the spring. Keep your distance from the bison!

Donna S

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaS View Post
    Glad you made it to the Capitol Art Fair... that's always lots of fun. Thought I saw you two trucking up the hill towards the interstate (at least it was someone on a small bike) when I was out running errands. Hope you enjoy TRNP and the Maah Daah Hey Trail... I've hiked parts of it years ago, along with canoeing on the Little Missouri in the spring. Keep your distance from the bison!

Donna S
    It could have been us! We were riding our Bike Fridays.

Speaking of Bison, when we were taking our after dinner (but still light) walk with Paisley, our Boston Terrier, after dinner tonight, we came around a bend in the campground road, and there was a bison! Sheesh. We quickly turned around and went back the way we came. Paisley didn't bark, thank the gods. They wander all over the campground, and although we saw none yesterday, the day before they were everywhere, even on our site. This one tonight was the first one we'd seen today. I have huge respect for them, but they seem to be pretty acclimated to people here. Still, I'm not taking any chances!
    Emily