Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Threaded View

3 things in 9 days...

So the unexpected events train that started 9 days ago continue...and yes, I'm complaining a bit. The new front brake rotors are great, though if I had known this would turn up I wouldn't have bought the new computer when the old one died. Did I mention that I DO have a timing belt (I was previously told that I had a timing CHAIN, which doesn't need replacing, but my information was wrong), and it will be time soon to replace mine. Better replaced before it breaks....

So to add to that mix I saw my podiatrist today. He is good, and considered conservative, and brought up the question of surgery for my Hallux Rigidis - bone spurs and stiffening of my 1st metatarsal joint (apparently my high arches really aren't helping as my feet became more arthritic). NOT ANOTHER FOOT SURGERY, and hopefully not another surgery of any kind. We will go the orthotic route again. He made the case for having it sooner rather than later but no. Just...no.

There was no doubt I had a problem with my foot, I just didn't expect him to start with surgery instead of the conservative approach - which certainly says something. At least I understand now why shoes have become such a problem, which is why I went.

Hopefully things will calm now, that's been three things in 9 days and my savings account is going the wrong direction. Better than the alternative though!
    Last edited by Catrin; 07-21-2016 at 02:00 PM.