Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hokay... if you thought last weekend's weather was icky, this weekend is definitely worse. Looks like solid rain and chilly all weekend.

So... um... not to be wimpy and all... but...

*glances at the PI amfib tights and shower's pass rainjacket in closet and knows she has no good excuse for wimping out*

*whimper*

How about Sunday?

That could work

I could be up for a ride on Sunday. What kind of distance are thinking about?

Susan
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

were i to behave and be brave...

I would get in 30-40 miles...anyone got a cattle prod?
    ~Texas Girl
    Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear. ~Ambrose Redmoon

I could probably survive 40-50, but it wouldn't be pretty. I'd be happier with 30-40 at this point in the season. I'm still battling a bad case of winterbutt.

Shall we crosspost on the CO group? Susan, what is the typical migration speed of the Herd, anyway?

Herd speed depends on who shows up. But no one is ever left for lost. We regroup alot and are very social. If someone shows up for a herd ride, they kinda know it won't be a hammerfest.

But it's up to you two really. How well do you know the roads west of here? I can cobble together a pretty good 30-40 mile ride of mostly flat/rolling low traffic roads from here out towards forest grove and back.
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    1-877-310-4592

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Otcenas
    But it's up to you two really. How well do you know the roads west of here? I can cobble together a pretty good 30-40 mile ride of mostly flat/rolling low traffic roads from here out towards forest grove and back.
    Well, we could do the McMenamins-Hagg Lake loop, I have never done that before but it looks nice.

I usually amble around more in the southwestern part of Washington County - last year I was doing this 40-mile loop over Bald Peak (which has a long slow 4 mile ascent with a very short steep (17%) descent into Laurelwood). My old riding partner and I used to start from and end at the Murrayhill Starbucks because we both live nearby, but I wouldn't mind a start/endpoint that's further out which would shorten the ride. There's also the little cafe at the corner of River Road and Farmington that has good slop food. But I certainly wouldn't mind something a little flatter.

What do you have in mind, Susan? I'm always falling into the same rut over and over when it comes to routes so I'd certainly love to try something new.

Yeah, I get in a rut sometimes too, but fortunately it's a scenic rut We could go out Helvetia Road past the tavern and ride Mason Hill, Jackson Quarry, Shady Brook , though North Plains, out Mountaindale (option ride partway out dairy creek) then keep going out Mountaindale, over Dersham road to Roy. Maybe loop out into Forest Grove then south from there out fern hill, golf course road, tongue road area, and loop around back into Hillsborough via the Farmington and that road over by the other golf course (can't remember it's name but you end up approaching TV Hwy via 229th). There's all sorts of options for shortening it up if anyone gets tired. Could be fun, and it's mostly flat. There's a hill going up Jackson Quarry, but it's not long and the descent down Mason Hill is wicked fun.

Whaddaya think?
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    1-877-310-4592

Wink gettin' pumped (our raft, that is)

You ladies tell me when and where to meet you and I am there. I will ride anywhere--would just be happy to not have to route it--I would get us SO lost (the "why I ride in loops"--HA!).

I am across the creek from the TE HQ.

~Marca
    Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear. ~Ambrose Redmoon

Ooh, it's been forever since I drove along Helvetia road and I love it out there! I could even wear my edelweiss jersey with the cowbells on it (well, under my raincoat that is). I like Susan's ride route.

When/where to meet? (oh please, not earlier than 9am, I am soooo not a morning person)

ETA: I'll bring the oars.

I like to sleep late too.

How about 10 am. It *is* only 30-40 miles, so it's not like we'll have darkness to worry about.

We could me here at TE HQ (good opportunity for last minute bathroom breaks). Or we could avoid the "town" traffic and meet in the parking lot at West Union Elementary School (corner W. Union & Helvetia Rd).

I'm flexible. I usually drive home on Friday night, instead of riding, so my bike will most likely be here in the office. I'll need to come here anyway, so I'll probably ride from here regardless of where we meet up.

Diana, I know this is a convenient meeting spot for Marca. Is it OK for you?
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    1-877-310-4592

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Otcenas
    Diane, I know this is a convenient meeting spot for Marca. Is it OK for you?
    Yep, it works for me, I've been out there several times before to the computer hardware store a few doors down. And 10am is just peachy!

Now, let's all hope that this weather system moves through quicker than expected. And if not, well, we're going anyway dangit!

Do you mean ENU? We're in the same building, just on the opposite side. Our suite # is 220.
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    1-877-310-4592

Right on! Or should I say RIDE ON! Groovy all the way! ~Marca

Yeah, I think that's what they're called (they were something else before, I seem to recall). Funky, cheap little place.

ETA: BTW, that's actually how I found Team Estrogen. Or rather, my ManFriend found it. He runs his own computer/network support business and picks up a lot of hardware there. He came back from a trip saying "oh, there's this bike store I think you might be interested in".

ETA2: Hey, it'll be an Easter Chick Ride!
    Last edited by Dianyla; 04-13-2006 at 09:05 PM.

shiver me sloshing timbers

Um...uh...I think it might be a bit too wet and chilly for me to enjoy a ride tomorrow morning......am I being too wimpy?