Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Dianyla,

The moderator of that forum just posted - he didn't intend to deny you. It was a glitch!! Please read his post below, and re-apply.

Marca, I think yours went through fine.

Hey Folks!

Something strange seems to be happening with new member applications - particularly where there are twoto approve at one time .

The first time, there were two new apps, but only one made it through the system to become a member. The other was lost. When the lost applicant tried again (thankfully!), it went through ok. I first assumed that the problem was my doing - having hit the wrong button during my approval process.

But now, I am not so sure - as it may have happened again - this time with Diane and Marca.

Having been burned once, I made sure that I hit the correct button. However, as of this writing, Diane's membership has not been processed by Yahoo.

So - Diane, (or Susan, since you may have to contact her - I don't have her email address) if you don't receive a confirmation email or any other indication by this time tomorrow, please apply again.

In the meantime, if it does get through the system, I will let everyone know via a "reply" to this posting.

Curt
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

Oh, I should mention that he knows who you are because I told the list members to wecome the two of you! Several people have said hi already, so once you get on, you should read through today's posts on yahoo.
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    1-877-310-4592

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Otcenas
    The moderator of that forum just posted - he didn't intend to deny you. It was a glitch!! Please read his post below, and re-apply.
    Phew! I wasn't sure whether to stalk off in an indignant huff or just chuckle about it!

ETA: I just reapplied. And sacrificed a live chicken.

Dianyla--

Does this mean we are on our way to becoming "real" bikers now?

~Marca
    Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear. ~Ambrose Redmoon

Cow jokes

Wow, they're really laying it on thick. You both should be honored!

As a bit of background - we have a group we call "Team Bag Balm". They're (in)famous on CycleOregon.

Susan
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    1-877-310-4592

Thicker than cow patties in an over-grazed field. I'm lovin' it! (My dad has a propensity for puns so it feels just like home!)

I look forward to meeting all the good people behind the posts when I get back from Texas (will be gone through next weekend).

Yes, I am intrigued by the so-called "Team Bag Balm." Was wondering if I needed to go out and buy some or something.

~Marca
    Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear. ~Ambrose Redmoon

This is too funny! Definitely looking forward to going on some of the rides, and it's nice to see that many of them are westside/washington county area.

New Rider

Hi,
    I live in Beaverton and just bought a new Trek WSD 5.0 Pilot. Would love to find some gals out there for some local rides weekends/early afternoons. New to biking, have one guy pal to ride with so far and looking forward to getting into this sport.
    Thanks!
    Lisa

Welcome, Lisa! Glad to have you here--both on the board and in the Beaverton/Hillsboro area!

We have a nice little local group going here now--and I may have a pair of pals from my spin class to add to the pot, too. Each of us starry-eyed with new bikes. This will be quite fun!

Everyone have an excellent week and we will make plans when I get back from Texas--can we shoot for the weekend of April 8/9?

(Speaking of that trip south...guess I'd better go pack for it.)
    ~Marca

Ridus interruptus

So, Jeff & I headed out this morning with a group of 4 others, leaving from the Sweet Oregon Grill parking lot in Hillsboro. We went west on West Union, turned right on Helvetia, went past the tavern and then did Jackson Quarry & Mason Hill. The intent from there was to continue out Shady Brook, into North Plains, then go up Dairy Creek and back.

But for Jeff & I, it wasn't to be. Today we were on the tandem, and while climbing Jackson Quarry we heard the unmistakable twang of a spoke breaking on the real wheel. Crap, that's the second one in just a few months.

So, we ended up heading back, ending up with all of 18 miles today. Bummer. Now I need to take that wheel into the Bike Gallery. I think it would be easiest to have it rebuilt, rather than just getting another new spoke and risking another break.

Lisa - welcome! Are you enjoying your new Pilot?? Jeff has the Pilot 5.2, and another friend just bought the exact same model as you have. Sweet bike!

Susan
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    1-877-310-4592

Bump!

Quote Originally Posted by bluedress
    Everyone have an excellent week and we will make plans when I get back from Texas--can we shoot for the weekend of April 8/9?
    This weekend is a little tricky for me. I can't ride before 1pm tomorrow Saturday, and Sunday is blocked off. Anyone want to do Saturday afternoon?

Or, we could shoot for next weekend 4/15-4/16. I can do Saturday afternoon or any time Sunday. FYI, Sunday is Easter. That's not a problem for me but I understand it might be for others.

The weekend of 4/22-4/23 I'm out of town. 4/29-4/30 is good for me, same deal (Sat afternoon or anytime Sun).

I will think about things over dinner...be back in a few hours. ~Marca

I will think about things over dinner...be back in a few hours. ~Marca
    Cool, I'll check back later tonight.

Ok...stuffed and back...

The weather forecast has me reluctant to commit to this Saturday afternoon. I can ride through drizzle...but not so sure about "showers."

Saturday: Occasional rain then rain showers. Probability of measurable precipitation 80 percent. South wind 10 mph. High 57.

But let's commit to next weekend. Saturday is my "scheduled" long bike day; goal is 2:00-2:30 long ride or 30-40 miles. (Sunday is the long run day; it is not so long yet, but I'm working on it). But if the weather sifnificantly favors Sunday for riding I am flexible.

Whatdoyouthink?

~M

The weather forecast has me reluctant to commit to this Saturday afternoon. I can ride through drizzle...but not so sure about "showers."
    Oh, I hadn't actually looked at the forecast.

But let's commit to next weekend. Saturday is my "scheduled" long bike day; goal is 2:00-2:30 long ride or 30-40 miles. (Sunday is the long run day; it is not so long yet, but I'm working on it). But if the weather sifnificantly favors Sunday for riding I am flexible.
    That sounds great. Since posting last I took a slightly longer route home from work and my knees are getting a little whiny after this one hill. Maybe resting this weekend is a good thing, I still haven't totally recovered from my work/school commute day on Wednesday. I'm so out of shape.