Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
I live in fear of flats. I can do the tire part, but I have great difficulty getting the back wheel back on, the derailleur, etc. and remembering how to use the CO2 cartridge/inflator. I know all of the tricks, but the fear was paralyzing me. I got Gatorskins 3 years ago and I have not had a flat since then. I feel more confident about riding alone now.
I used to have the Conti 4000s, which were super easy to get off and on.
It's funny, I do fine with changing my tires at home, but I don't like to do it out on the road. In fact, changing tires sometimes makes me feel empowered (look! I can take care of myself!) and unless I have to be somewhere at a certain time it's almost relaxing. I've done it several times while out and about, and I'm fine if I'm by myself. But when I'm with a group I feel rushed and like everyone is looking at me. OR I'm taking long enough that guys jump in and offer to help. Or even when I'm by myself motorists will stop and offer to help, but then when I decline just sit and stare at me to make sure its ok. I appreciate the kindness and concern, but no clue why it makes me nervous to change tires when strangers are watching!