Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: New Trike

New Trike

To disable ads, please log-in.

Pretty slow in this forum so let me help it out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trike.jpg 
Views:	1267 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	18036

Nice! Love the color. I hope you enjoy many happy miles with it!

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Please tell us more.

I got to ride a trike, last year, for the first time and, have to say, it was fun. It was an old trike I found at a pawn shop and they let me take it for a test ride. Since I don't buy wheels without doing some research, went home to get more info, but by the time I got back to the shop, the trike was gone.

Plus one on the color, too. I love brought happy colors.

That's a nice trike, and the trunk addresses my concerns about sitting so low in traffic, you could light that up like the 4th of July.

Electra Townie 7D

Beautiful, have fun with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    That's a nice trike, and the trunk addresses my concerns about sitting so low in traffic, you could light that up like the 4th of July.
    That's what lot of people say about recumbent trikes and velomobile. Yet all seem to be able to see the stripes on the ground and many will yell at a rider saying you are too friggin low to the ground. If they couldn't see you, then how can they yell at the rider?

Not trying to start an argument, just pointing out things noticed by velomobile riders and trike riders. BTW, I have this very gaudy flashy flag with whirly thing on my heavy tank trike.

Nice!

As far as being low to the ground - what I would worry about is *seeing,* not being seen. When I was riding there were a couple of 'bent riders who'd come on our group rides, and they'd constantly be running over potholes that they couldn't see until they were right on top of them. Even though the one guy whose bike had a 700c rear wheel, and his head was actually higher than mine on my diamond frame bike when we were side by side, I guess the angle of his eyes plus the fact that his legs are out in front of him, made it difficult to see the road ahead.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Beautiful trike! How do you like those bar end shifters? My Gekko has twist shifters, and I'm finding it a little hard on my wrists to shift in the front.

Rodriguez Adventure
    Bacchetta Bellandare
    HPV Gekko fx
    Custom Rodriguez Tandem
    2009 Specialized Tricross
    2012 Trek Mamba

Hi! Sorry to be late on replying...I've been busy. Thanks for all the comments on the color...I love it! I'm still working out flags/lights, but they will be mostly for fun as I ride 99.9% bike paths at this point. I do use a couple blinky lights for my .3 mile road to the path. I really don't mind the bar end shifters other than accidentally bumping them when folding the trike up to transport or store. Learning to check that out first thing, though, so it's getting better than having the chain fall off the big ring every time.

I'm guessing 10 people have tried the trikes out (we both got one, the other is orange) and everyone loves them. I love it. It's very comfortable and I love always having a "chair" if I need a rest along the path. I've changed my handlebars around for better hand/arm position, taken the pad off the seat for better air flow, and moved the bottle holder to a vertical position that's easier to grab. I'm thinking of putting a bladder in my trunk bag and ditching bottles altogether.

If you get a chance, try one out...you won't regret it.

Thanks, Michelle

I have been periodically plagued with pinched nerves in my back when logging the big miles on my road bikes, so have kept recumbents/trikes in the back of my mind as an option, hoping that these bikes would let me keep riding. Yes, I have heard all the pros and cons on these bikes, but can see some real advantages beyond the pinched nerve thing. One would be grocery shopping, especially with the trike. Used to have my panniers so loaded to the gills with groceries on my MTB that things got wobbly.

Much harder to wobble on a trike, no doubt!

And you can climb a steep hill at any speed you want without falling over. If you want, you can climb at snails pace of 1MPH or less.

I should have gotten a catrike pocket. I may get it one day. Even at my height of 5' 4" or so, the boom on the pocket needs to be cut down by about an inch.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleOH View Post
    Much harder to wobble on a trike, no doubt!
    Hey! You could ride drunk and not fall over!

Nice bike.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/